Friday, April 30, 2010

Life, what is it but a dream?

Oh my God, Dad is just the best. He decided that the family should take a vacation. Because Ripley and I both love art, we are going to FRANCE! Dad found that he could have had a discount on a vacation to China but he wanted to bring us to the home of fine art.

It was an ask on the family savings. We had 12,000 Simoleons before buying the tickets and more like 9,000 after. Dad just smiled when I brought that up. He said something about only having 7 Simoleons to his name at one point and 9,000 seems like plenty of money.

So here we are, newly arrived and ready for our first holiday.

Dad started off with some fishing.  Ripley and Johnny went to the local museum to soak up some culture.


Me?  I hit the local shops.  Bought my first camera which is a real cheapy.  Just as well, I can't take a decent photo to save my life.

But I could enjoy the quaint town, and the pleasant weather they have this time of year.  I chatted to some people and took photos.

Dad spent time rushing back and forth catching insects and collecting rocks.  He's already found some palladium and sold it.  That alone brought in a fair amount of money.

In the evening, Ripley and I both practiced guitar.  Pity we were working on different songs at the time.

Did I mention that my goals in life are to master guitar and charisma?  I have a long way to go with both.


So here's the end of our first day.  Dad cooked us a proper meal but the whole family was exhausted and barely managed to find a bed before collapsing.

Johnny decided to check the adventure board and offered to find a lost treasure.  Better him then me, tombs sound scary.

Hmm, not just scary but a lot of hard work too.  I think Johnny needs some gym time.  It looks like he can barely handle that axe.

Give the twerp credit, he is doing well at exploring his first tomb.  He's found hidden doors, keys, and treasure.  He's sold a couple of money bags and spare gems.

I'm chilling after doing my homework.  Yeah, homework.  The teacher is not going to take "But we were on holiday" as an excuse.  She's a right b...ummm, witch.

Johnny found everything in this tomb.  He recovered the lost treasure.  He told me later, it was a baseball!  Who thinks of a baseball as treasure?

Dad did more finding rocks and he made his first batch of nectar.  He says it was horrible!

Ripley helped the guy who runs the nectary and got some money as a reward.

So it was a brief holiday, but worth it.  Here we are, getting ready to fly home again.

Johnny has been thinking about what he wants to do with his life.  First he contemplated being like Ripley and mastering the arts.  Then he thought about just swimming in cash.  But he finally decided on having a private museum.  Those gargoyles alone are worth between 4,000 and 5,000 Simoleons so he is well on his way to his goal.

Oh, and with everything we did, gathered and sold, we have 15,000 in the bank.  We are far better off now then before the holiday started in more ways then one.

26 comments:

  1. A family vacation in France. Sam is so good to his loved ones. And he zipped and zagged and collected some good rocks and gems.

    Johnny is a skinny boy. He definitely needs to beef up a bit. It was fun seeing the family out together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking back over this and Brooke always looks happy. Sweet and eager to try new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Sam's family is always important to him. He'll do what he can to make sure that they are happy. And a holiday in France seemed like a nice thing for them to do.

    Yes, Johnny really needs to beef up. Especially to collect more treasure. Tombs require strength and cunning to survive.

    Brooke is a happy teen. I think soon to meet up with birthday cake so Sam sees his Brooky grown up.

    Like Johnny's new look?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do. I like that hair on teenage boys. And it really shows off the subtle highlights in his hair.

    It would be nice if Sam lived long enough to see his little girl all grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke might just go ahead and eat some cake + an extra one for Hans. Sammy should see his daughter all grown up. I think she's within four days of young adult any way so I haven't deprived her of teen years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should do it. Maybe he'll live long enough for a grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next time I boot the game. :) Who knows about them grandbabies.

    I hope to get them up in cash a bit more. They could use more space...especially so Hans can move in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm been lucky with Indy. He's making good money. It really helps with expanding the house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's that Indy employed in? I forget whose Indy is up to what!

    If Sammy lives to his next royalty settlement, they will be in good financial shape. And they have the cash to renovate more, I'm just hoping to move them to a nicer lot soon. Mosquito Cove has too much water to expand the house much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In my game, Indy is an athlete. He has a boss but no co-workers currently. Heh.

    Indy and Marnie's house was originally the one bedroom Pomeranian Hybrid that she could afford when I took her out of the bin. Tiny house with a big 40 X 30 lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Athlete does pay well. Indiana Sam and Indiana Grant both were in athletics and that house has a ton of money.

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's really starting to earn now so I can add on and it's not a problem. Marnie is currently getting over 8000 in royalties. That won't stay that high as she can't write as much as she did when she had no children.

    I wonder if Johnny will turn out to be as good of a Daddy as all the other Grant boys.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Probably though the question that will be answered sooner (likely) is how good will Brooke be as a Mom?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen very few bad sim moms. I can't imagine she'd be anything but great. Especially if she and Hans live with Sam and family. Sam will show her the ropes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brooke was raised by Sam. She may think child care is the man's job. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hah! Let's hope Hans is a good daddy, then.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Home update - husband made it back. He's using crutches and still very sore from the surgery but he's here and moving around.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's wonderful to hear. You both must be thrilled he's home. I'm happy he's doing so well, PiB.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woohoo for husband and you. I'm sure you are glad to have him home and I'm sure he's glad to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yep, both very glad.

    Dee, no comments about Brooke's first vacation? :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I did comment but it isn't here. I bet I forgot to stick around and type in that thing. Damn, I commented on just about eveything.

    I don't remember what all I said at the time.

    I remember writing about Sam zipping around town and how the picture made it look so real.

    Johnny really does need some muscle. He looks like if he swings too far back he will fall over backwards.
    I asked about that shiny heart thing. I was wondering what that is exactly.

    I love the museum peices and that baseball must have been autographed by a pharoah.

    That's a large increase in money there. Wish I could go on a vacation and come back richer.

    I'm going to stick around now and make sure this post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yep, that's what happened to my first post.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry about the verification thing but the blogs are slowly getting spammers. Yuck.

    The shiny heart is a heart keystone. It only glows when it's opening a door.

    Agreed. Coming back from vacation with more money just seems wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think Johnny has a disgustingly easy ltw. I think the private museum is 20,000 worth of relics. He scored nearly 5,000 on trip one. No probs at all for him.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dang, I just did it again. I understand why you are having to have the verification. I just have to remember it. I saw one of the spams in my email the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Coming home with more money from vacation is a good thing if that vacation was in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete