Monday, April 26, 2010

Of Shoes and Ships and Sealing Wax

So the burglar stole our self-cleaning stove.  Dad has always thought that stove was a god-send since he could cook on it but never needed to clean it.  But the burglar had woken Ripley.

Ripley went downstairs to tackle the burglar on her own.  It was a good try but the burglar beat her up instead.  Meanwhile Dad was up and he rang the police.

The cops came and fought with the burglar.

And arrested him.  They recovered the stove.  Dad says it was odd though.  He found the stove stored like the cop says but also this painting that he swears he doesn't remember ever owning.  Ripley looked slightly guilty when the painting came out.  Wonder what that was about?

Dad cooks hamburgers for dinner pretty often.  He knows it's my favorite and it's something he knows the recipe for.  His burgers are the best.

The twerp couldn't wait for us to arrive downstairs, he blew out the candles before anyone got there.

Oh my god.  It was a magic "Twerp no more" cake.  That can't be my dweeby little brother Johnny?
Dad just smiled and said that most boys went through a bad stage.  He thinks Johnny will take after him when he's fully grown.

Dad's gone back to painting.  He doesn't want to start something that takes too long to finish.  Apparently he doesn't want to start a new fantasy novel now.

A girl just has to show off her hottie.  I haven't had time for art this week but I made some time for Hans.

Dad installed a burglar alarm.  Twice is enough for any house.

I am still trying to get used to Johnny as a teenager.  How on earth will I know if my friends are here for me or trying to catch his eye now?

12 comments:

  1. Of cabbages and kings. :)

    Johnny is the spitting image of his daddy. He got his Momma's hair but everything else is pure Sammy.

    Nice try Ripley. She still has the heart to defend her family if not the means.

    Of course, Daddy makes his little girls favorite meal. Just another way for him to show her how much he loves her.

    Magic twerp no more cake. *laugh* Great line.

    Brooke and Hans seem to be the best of friends. That's important when picking a boyfriend. I like him more every time I see his bright red head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of Why the Sea Grows Boiling Hot. :)

    I have a theme for titles of the blog, you may have noticed now.

    Johnny is indeed much like his daddy. It's even more apparent when he hits young adult.

    Ripley did try to defend the family and the house but she has no athletic skills so it didn't work too well.

    Sammy cooked waffles for River just about every day. It took him some time to get there but now he can cook hamburgers for Brooke. Ripley likes french toast and Sam hasn't worked out how to cook that or he would.

    Brooke and Hans were very good friends before she decided to kiss him. Now she almost always is wanted to kiss/cuddle/massage him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wasn't until this last post that I caught the theme, PiB.

    Oh, Brooke. It's a good thing you can't do much more then kissing as a teen in Sims or there'd be trouble with a capital T.

    I'm having a beast of a time commenting. I keep getting bx-.... errors from blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so the problems I have been having trying to comment aren't just me.

    I had so much I wanted to say and have now become frustrated.

    I'll try again.

    Johnny is soooo much like his dad. Well, Brooke, I see little brother has a name beside twerp these days. I love the "magic cake".

    Ripley almost got busted there. So Sammy doesn't know about her little....conditions.

    Wow, that burglar really tossed Ripley up in the air. Bet that hurt.
    Just wait until the next time that burglar shows up. Boy will he/she be surprised. :)

    Hows your husband

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Brooke is having a hard time thinking her brother is a twerp when he's grown so nicely. "Magic Cake" indeed.

    Johnny is a handsome teen and he'll age even better, as so many Grant boys do.

    Sammy does know all of Ripley's traits but he wouldn't remember that she has a tendency to pick up things from time to time. I was surprised that she managed it, I wonder when? :)

    Husband is doing well. He rang this morning to say everything was ok but he's still catching up on the sleep he missed being worried about surgery. I expect him to call again this evening sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor man, you husband that is. He won't get much rest until he gets home. They tell you to rest and then they are constantly doing something to you or having you do something.
    I'm glad to hear he is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesterday was particularly bad that way since they would be checking a lot just after the surgery. He'll probably get some time to nap and he is good at napping. I envy that, I don't nap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He'll sleep when he gets home. Do you know when that will be yet, PiB?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hospital stay is until Saturday, they already made those arrangements. So he might be feeling relatively chippy and lively by then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hubby still doing well. He's learning to use crutches and getting more things to do from the physio.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy to hear he is still doing well. Thanks for keeping us updated.

    I couldn't help but laugh just now. I opened this page up and the first thing I noticed, again, was Ripley being thrown up in the air. I wonder if she found any dust on top of that fridge while she was up there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like your husband is making great progress! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete