Monday, April 26, 2010

What I tell you three times is true

Sunday morning and Dad is hard at work.  Royalties come in on Sunday and he's racing to finish this book before noon.  He made it too, his royalties this week were around 8,000 Simoleons.  His fantasy novels sell like hotcakes.

[sigh] Homework, the bane of my existence.  I've tried to tell Dad that an artist can rise above without the benefits of good grades.  His answer?  "Been there, done that and I want you to have a much better start in life."

I should hang around Ripley a bit more.  This is her first Brilliant painting, I can probably learn a lot from her if I tried.

Eventually the family ended up in the park for Sunday afternoon.  I beat the dweeb at chess.  We also got to know each other better while we played.

Ripley was trying to participate in the Grill-a-thon but her first batch of hotdogs took forever to cook and they were burnt.  Dad wasn't very diplomatic, he opted to snatch a meal out of a basket instead of burnt dogs.


I love Hans
I love Hans
I love Hans - and so it must be true.

Ripley had her birthday while we were out.  I have to admit, she's pretty for an elder.

Dad helped her celebrate with a tour of the theatre.  I asked him to spare me any details of how they celebrated.

The twerp decided to see if he liked the writing gig.  He hasn't done much yet.

Check out this guy's eye colour.  Cool, eh?  His dad is this light blue skinned guy called Clover.  Tristan didn't get his dad's skin colour but that's definitely his dad's eyes.

Dad tried writing a children's book for a change of pace.  He said it was fast to finish but the royalties are a pittance compared to his fantasy work. 

Is it just me or is Dad looking frail these days?

Oh my god.  Not again.  Surely there are better households to rob then ours, we don't have much really valuable stuff.

4 comments:

  1. Jeez, that burglar just loves your house for some reason.

    Tristen's eyes are almost scary.

    I can't blame Sam for wanting something....not burned. :)

    Ripley is doing great with her painting and I'll bet twerpy little brother....I forgot his name.... :D will practice up on his chess now just to teach his big sister a lessen.
    I need to look at the family tree.

    They are going to be so sad when they lose Dad.

    Yes Ripley is pretty as an elder and I bet they had lots of *fun* at the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I couldn't believe that the burglar is back.

    Tristan's eyes are amazing! Very funky colour. Think I should upload him...:)

    The twerp is Johnny (John Edward). He's now a teen and he'll have more on his mind then his sister. His sister's female friends for one. :)

    Ripley and Sam went backstage for a bit of woohoo. You bet they had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tristan kinda freaks me out with those eyes. People will download him for sure if you feature his eyes in a post.

    Good to see Ripley doing well with her art. And good to see Brooke hang out with her twerpy little brother. Although, I bet she'll hate it when he starts calling her friends.

    Ripley does age well and Sam knows just what she likes for her birthday. The line about Sam looking frail concerns me. Foreshadowing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam is indeed frail due to being 88 days old when Brooke made the comment. Foreshadowing of a general sort because you never know when the Reaper will be after someone of that age.

    Ripley has retired so she can now concentrate on her painting and guitar skills. And have more time with the kids when they are home.

    ReplyDelete