Thursday, December 30, 2010

They wept like anything to see Such quantities of sand

Johnny came over in a bit of a state. He's still worried about Alaina and what she might be planning to do about Catherine. He brought Catherine and his new girl Shannon along.

Of course, my little brother always has been a worry wart. I'm sure it can be solved with some adult discussions.

Yes, typical Johnny. First he had me promise to keep one eye on Catherine. Keep her safe for him. Then he launched into his conspiracy theory.

Except this one sounds different. No green aliens that kidnap men to make them pregnant.  Nothing about the hidden places you can find Big Foot. Nothing about spiked juice or stuff that makes you crazy.


Instead it was a perfectly normal type of story. An impending custody battle with Alaina trying to take sole custody of Catherine. Sole custody? No wonder that Johnny has gone a bit mental.


Before he could explain any more details, his phone rang.

Whatever it was, it took a long time for him to finish that phone conversation.

Our girls took the time to get to know each other a bit. They are so close in age, it will be good for them if they get to be friends. They may have been born in the same house but they haven't really had much of a chance to hang out until recently.

Picasso had been upstairs giving little Leo a bottle. I got him caught up with the basics of what was happening with his uncle. Pretty much told him what Johnny told me. Which might have been a bit of a mistake.

He offered to help by spying on Alaina. What made that leap into his mind?

Apparently she has a reputation known to the high school boys. She thinks she can gain sole custody if she's that well known in town?

My son has a good heart but no brain. I pointed out that his hair would be a real hindrance to any spy activities. It's so bright it can be seen at night and the only people in town with that shade of red all live in this house.

He went off for a few minutes and came back.

Not bad, the bandanna keeps the hair from showing. The clothes are pretty typical teen, nothing that would catch the eye.

Still, there's no need for Picasso to spy on Alaina. I'm sure Johnny is just twisting himself into a knot for no reason.

When Johnny finally got off the phone, he had a serious chat with Catherine.

Gave his daughter a big hug.

Then walked out the door without a word to the rest of us.

Why? Where on earth is Johnny going?

Poor Catherine. She's caught in the middle. I've promised to keep an eye on her and I'll keep that promise until Johnny gets back.

Though he left a few hours ago now and we've no idea when he might be back.

I'll talk to Catherine. See what she makes of it all. What did Johnny tell her and what does her mom want?

15 comments:

  1. Poor Johnny. This whole thing probably isn't helping his neurosis, much. ;D

    But, hey--at least he has a nephew that loves him enough to want to help... Or just mischevious enough to make use of the opportunity. :P Whatever the case, I'm not sure I see this ending well--for someone, at least. Perhaps Alaina. ;)

    Catherine's probably in the worst position at all--especially because no one seems to be asking *her* what *she* wants. Doesn't really seem like she knows a heck of a lot what's going on, anyways... But that's all the more reason to talk to her! Aaagh! Silly parents!

    It'll be interesting to see how this resolves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping in Kaleeko.

    For once, Johnny has a legitimate thing to be concerned about.

    I think Picasso wants to help, and get some hero credit.

    As for Catherine, yes, neither parent is actually asking her what she wants. You know, she's young, she won't know what's best for her, yadda yadda.

    Resolve? Hmm, might be a while yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is getting intense. Where is Johnny and what is he doing? Hopefully he is spying on Alaina and finding out things to stop her from taking Catherine away.
    Awww, Picasso will even cover that gorgeous red hair to help.
    Poor Catherine is right. She just doesn't understand what all is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dee,

    You'll have to wait to find out where Johnny's gone.

    Picasso did know his mom had a point. That hair stands out from any distance. So to do much of anything, he'll have to cover it.

    At least he'll have it back when he wants. He didn't get it cut off.

    Catherine is in the middle and she doesn't understand why or what's going on yet. She might before the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was short on time as always this morning. I do want to tell you I got a laugh out of what Johnny's conspiracy theory talk is usually about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It helps to know Sims 2, doesn't it? :)

    My Sims 3 guys are lucky cause I liked having the occasional one napped in Sims 2. The birth animation alone was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes. It does. I remember the gypsy looking girl I played in the FreeTime EP. I really liked her. She ended up with the gardener and she had a baby. While she was pregnant he got napped by aliens and had twins. I was ready to shoot both of them.
    I can see it now. If they could be napped by aliens you would have already done that. I never had bigfoot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never had alien twins but three babies would stretch most families. I managed a house with 4 babies but there were 6 adults/elders. Anything less then 4 babies and they would have been the most overfed, over bathed and over played with infants ever.

    You didn't miss anything with BigFoot. He was added to a house if you asked. He had a lot of skills but otherwise was very very dull. No romance allowed, no such thing as a baby BigFoot. I only had one and I was quite willing to let him die without ever doing that again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Then I wouldn't have liked Bigfoot. I don't even like the simbots we have now.
    I remember the alien kids were both green. One had sim features and one had alien features. So ugly. :)As soon as they were old enough I sent the mom and her husband to live somewhere else. I went with them. She was the first sim I ever had to receive a visit from that social bunny or whatever it was called. Just dropped from the sky. I thought that was so funny.
    I love sims3 but if sims2 had the open necighborhood and other stuff we have now, I would still be playing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got lucky with my alien children, the few I had. They had the green skin and at least one had the big alien eyes but none of them had that tiny alien nose - so they weren't that bad looking.

    I only saw the social bunny once, the Sim I downloaded to torture (an ex-husband of a forum friend).

    ReplyDelete
  11. LMAO about the ex-husband of a forum friend being tortured. I'll bet you two had a lot of laughs out of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I really hope that Johny will win the custody over Chaterine. Poor Chaterine. She's so confuse. Her face in the last picture is so sad. Whatever Johny plan is, I hope it will work.
    Picasso is so sweet. He wanted to help his uncle. Well, I agree, with his hair Alaina will surely notice him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope that this one ends well,though. Chaterine has the right to see both of her parents.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi MJ

    Happy new year to you too.

    Catherine is quite confused and a bit sad.

    As for how it ends, I think eventually it will all be well. But not for a bit.

    ReplyDelete