Sunday, December 5, 2010

No birds were flying overhead-- There were no birds to fly.

Our little Lizzie is starting to make friends in town. Her new acquaintance is the son of Thomas and Zayne Leman. I'm looking forward to her bringing home some friends.

Barnacle Bay isn't that big but it's still taking time for the family to feel at home. Picasso in particular had to start all over again getting to know people at school. Elizabeth at least never went to school back in Sunset Valley.


Picasso volunteered to cook dinner for the night.  Cooking is a good skill for everyone to know, I'm glad he's taking an interest. Our son is a good bo ... young man.

I almost called him a boy, that's not true any more. He is a teen and will be wanting to stretch his wings all too soon.

Two of my favourite red heads. Hans is a great dad, he loves watching over the baby. Our kids all adore them so.
 
As for me, I'm still practicing my art. Painting is a good skill.

My dad Sam always put a great emphasis on art to make our living. We've done well by it, we may not be rich but that's fine. We do what we love, not what we must.

Lizzie is a good girl. She came home and started doing her  homework first thing.


Picasso was very frustrated by his lack of cooking skills. He burnt Mac and Cheese. Poor kid, no one burns the Mac and Cheese. No wonder he was so frustrated.

Ok, not the best of dinners but it's cooked and the family is ready for dinner. No one complained, at least not in front of Picasso.

Hey Johnny, it's late. What's up?

No I haven't seen Catherine today. I could ask Lizzie but I don't think she's been here.

Is everything ok?

------------

Brooke and family jam together - 1


Brooke still jamming.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely update, PiB. I was a bit worried about Picasso, but all the family ate it nevertheless. Very lovely.
    As for the videos: awesome band!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Thomas and Zayne have a very cute son there.
    Love the update PiB and the videos.
    Good for you Lizzie. I love when the kids do what they should without being told.
    Poor Picasso. At least he tried to cook dinner.
    Okay, now you left us hanging. Wondering what is up with Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to mention the title of this update. It is perfect for BB. I have yet to see a bird in BB. I hear them but never see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MJ, thanks. I was a bit surprised that Picasso took the burnt dinner to heart so but his family still ate. The videos were both just little test videos but the family makes a good band.

    @Dee, Thomas and Zayne have 3 handsome boys. One has black hair (one of the shades of Zayne's hair) and the other two take after their daddy.

    Yes, I did leave this one with a mystery. Why is Johnny calling so late and asking about Catherine.

    The titles are now coming from consecutive lines in Lewis Carrol's The Walrus and the Carpenter. I was grabbing random bits of his work but that was getting tedious. So this is just another 2 lines of that poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, this random bit was perfect for BB.

    I'll be curious about the phone call until we find out what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bad news Dee. It's going to be about a week before we get a new installment here.

    There are 2 Sam posts, one is written but not due to publish till later.
    There should be one or two 'special' editions of the SV times in Cyclone's hood
    There is one or 2 posts from Phillip...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute videos! Sounds like they still have a ways to go to all mesh together, but still cute to see family playing with one another. :D Aww! The musical stuff is definitely my favorite part of Late Night, I think.

    Thomas's little boy is sure a cutie. Do I see Lizzie's future boyfriend? ;) They'd make a cute couple, I think. Lizzie is certainly a very pretty one.

    Picasso, raging over fried mac and cheese -- lol! Poor kid. Hot-headed much? ;)

    Looks like the family is doing great! Well... aside from some upset stomachs from burnt macaroni. Better than nothing, though, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Picasso needs to up his keyboard skills to match his parents guitar skills. And I need to practice my movie skills, these were done before my Sammy Strut one.

    Thomas and his wife Zayne have 3 boys - they should all be very cute. We'll see how the relationships pan out - Lizzie and Catherine and the various boys around the hood.

    Picasso really showed his temper over the spoilt dinner.

    ReplyDelete