Friday, January 14, 2011

If this were only cleared away," They said, "it would be grand!"

My sister was wondering about that phone call I got just before I left.

"Hello, is this John Edward Grant?" It was a woman's voice, but not one I recognise at all.

"Yes, this is he."

"You have an ex-wife, Alaina?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Just a friend, Mr Grant. A friend with a few words of advice."

"How can I trust 'Just a friend'?"

"Mr Grant, the police are looking for you. You and your girl, Catherine."

"What?!"

"Your ex managed to get a restraining order against you, Mr Grant. The police are on the way to enforce it."

"How can I believe you?"

"Just go home, you'll find out soon enough if I'm right."

"Ok, what about the restraining order?"

"Let's just say it's best if your daughter isn't found near you, Mr Grant."

They hung up and I headed home by myself. If my 'friend' is right, I don't want Catherine there. And I think Shannon should stay well clear if she can.

My informant friend was right. Within minutes of me getting home, the police arrived.

"Mr John Edward Grant?"

"Yes?" Might as well admit that.

"Where is your daughter, Mr Grant?"

"She went to school yesterday as usual. She didn't return home after school. I rang her school friends but none of them knew where she was. I assumed that she went home with her mother. Her mother and I aren't exactly on speaking terms."

"Alaina has filed a complaint that you kidnapped the child."

"Feel free to search the place. She's not here officer."


So I was asked to accompany the officer to the police station to answer further questions. She was being fairly civilised about the whole thing; no cuffs, no pushing me into the car. However, it obviously wasn't just a casual request. So I got in the car.

I didn't even realise that the police station had a holding cell at the back.

Not only do they have a holding cell, it's going to be my home for the next day. I refused to say anything more, and they have refused to tell me any of the specifics about this restraining order.

The cops are gone, I can indulge in a small panic.

Urgh, no no no! This can't be happening. No!

Ok, I'm better now.

They offered me a phone call but I refused. There is no point in ringing Brooke, she's promised to look after Catherine and I don't want to remind anyone that I have a sister in town. There's no point in ringing a lawyer, I haven't broken any laws. I don't know who rang to warn me, so I can't thank them. And I can't think of anyone else that would be useful to call.

Home, sweet home. Not!

I may as well make myself as comfortable as I can.

What did they use to fill this mattress? Gravel?

They took my cell phone away but they did leave me a few books to read. Since I have nothing better to do, I'll study a few recipe books I have been meaning to learn.


I do hope things are going well at Brooke's place.

9 comments:

  1. Oh jeez!! I was not expecting that at all!!

    So... Who's the "friend" on the phone? An informant in the police department that's a friend of Johnny's?

    And what's happened to Catherine?! She must've run away or something...

    But poor Johnny, getting locked up because of his wicked wife. She's just getting worse by the minute.

    At least in jail he has time to sort of think to himself... But there really isn't a whole lot of good things to think about. He's got Shannon, but that really isn't enough to outweigh the struggle over his daughter.

    And what's going on at Brooke's house, hmm? Looks like Picasso is getting angry at Shannon... About what?

    So many questions!! You better not wait TOO long to update this one again... Looks like you finally found some inspiration to keep it alive, m'dear. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll get around to who the informant is, in due time. :) The same with most of the other questions.

    Catherine is still at Brooke's. That's why Johnny doesn't want to ring his big sister.

    Poor Johnny is doing it tough in an attempt to make this save a wee bit more entertaining to play out. It might even work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah, right right--she's at Brooke's. Hmm.. I wonder if that has anything to do with why Shannon is there, being yelled at... Hm! *ponder ponder*

    The jail cell looks great. :D That bar fence is really coming in handy, no? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picasso has a temper that goes with his hair colour. :)

    Yep, the bar fence is handy.

    Until someone notices that there is absolutely no real way in. No gate matches that height, can't use a door in a fence...

    Thank goodness for teleport.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Great update, PiB. Great pictures too!
    It's a really unexpected one. Poor Johny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, MJ. Thanks for stopping by.

    Poor Johnny indeed. Though he is only detained for a day so he won't be there long. They have to have a charge to keep him longer and he really hasn't done anything wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just as a note for anyone interested. This post probably took the least actual time to create of any recent story post I've done. Basically just a couple of hours from start to finish.

    Why?

    Well, it's just that since the last post, I've been planning on how to approach this one. What I wanted to happen and how to get it done. So I had a good idea of what pics to take and what to write for each of them.

    The next one will probably be similar. Once I finally decide the next stage, it won't take long to do. But it's a plan and that's going to be the long part.

    Poor Johnny, what my handsome Grants have to do to keep me entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll be watching then :) Looking forward to reading your next update.

    I'm glad that he's only being detained for a day... or else I could not imagine how freak out he would be. Poor Johnny

    ReplyDelete