Monday, December 13, 2010

The Walrus and the Carpenter Were walking close at hand

No, it's bedtime and I still don't know where my precious little Pumpkin is.

I rang Brooke but she didn't know.

I rang the school but they said she left with the other kids.



Don't panic, don't panic.

 That really only left me with one possibility. Catherine is at her mother's place.

I worried the entire drive over. What was I going to say to Alaina?

I said nothing at all to Alaina. She had left Catherine at home by herself.

Perfect.
Catherine told me that her mom picked her up outside of school. That her mom is thinking about moving  the family back to Sunset Valley.

I told Catherine that the family would be her and her mom. She was trying to keep me from being near my daughter.

For tonight, I just took Catherine home and put her to bed. I don't know when Alaina might be back. It's obvious that I'm going to have to watch it or Alaina is going to disappear with Catherine.

What a night, first Alaina takes Catherine away and now this. The stove? He stole the stove?

What is it with burglars and stoves? I think one stole Dad's a long time ago.

And our tv? Hey, don't take the tv!

The cops got here in time and handed him his butt on a platter. Thank goodness for that.

Before she left, she told me I had a nice place and I shared one of my favorite recipes.

Nothing beats using a chainsaw to ease tension and after tonight, I am very tense.

I did finish the statue of Shannon. It went well, I had to sell it while I could. It was worth a pretty penny while it lasted but my ice sculptures don't last forever.

Catherine needed homework help. Her mom did all the fun stuff with her yesterday. Typical really, Alaina isn't into hard work.

All work and no play would make Shannon and Johnny dull. Fortunately touring the courthouse leads you past several empty chambers. That was the best tour ever.

I wanted to meet up with Brooke in the park. We had to talk about the situation with Alaina.

We had a long chat about Alaina, and a nice jam session as well.

I realized that this dude has a couple of sons about Catherine's age. I decided to have a chat, get to know some of the other parents in town. His name is Thomas, his wife is Zayne.

He and I were having a nice chat, up to the point where he mentioned Alaina. This is such a tiny place that everyone here knows everything and he knows that she entertains every important male in town. You could have knocked me down with a feather when he said he provided a similar service for the ladies. Except he didn't chase them over town, they all found him.

Speaking of the Leman family, Catherine brought one of the boys. I think she told me his name is Clayton.

I know that Alaina's going to find a way to twist this into something sinister but I've asked Shannon to move in. She helps me keep an even keel in life.

9 comments:

  1. Interesting, Johnny did not get the usual negative moodlet from the burglar. Neurotics worry about lots of stuff but they aren't bothered by burglaries (and possibly fires)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! that was some night! I think I would be doing something to get rid of the stress too. Jeez!
    What is Johnny to do about Alaina?

    LOL Looks like he and Shannon found a way to get rid of his stress.

    Catherine has a cut little friend there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh!! I can't believe Alaina! What a slimy, no-good woman! Rrrgh! Too bad Johnny can't just go and kick her butt!

    I feel so sorry for poor Catherine. She's probably so confused about her parents, right now. :( And her mother, leaving her home all alone... Grrr.

    At least Johnny is finding ways to cope. Shannon is helping out -- good! -- and I'm so glad to hear that she finally moved in. Hopefully she'll be the support Johnny needs to step into action and figure out something with Catherine and Alaina.

    Grrrrr. Can I kick her butt?! Srsly.

    Also -- love the ice sculpture. That's another thing I haven't done yet! None of my Sims have sculpted. So, I'm always so awed by how cool those statues look.

    Great post, PiB. I can't wait to see what happens next, even though I totally want to pound some Alaina-face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Johnny isn't sure what Alaina might do and what he'll have to do in response.

    He certainly did get to destress with Shannon and they were both striding with pride. It was very cute.

    Catherine's friend is son 2 of Thomas and Zayne, so of course he's cute. :) Black is Zayne's root colour, poor Clayton was born with pink hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kaleeko,

    Once Alaina left Johnny, I knew she was going to be causing him trouble. Her leaving Catherine at home alone while she was out having fun (we assume) made it even worse.

    Johnny's not really a kick butt kind of guy being the sensitive neurotic artist type. But he'll definitely need to do something or his daughter might disappear.

    It was my first ice sculpture of a Sim. Definitely neat looking. I want to have him do some topiary - now that he finally can.

    Poor Johnny is getting all the drama, Brooke's life is going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that Johny was able to take Catherine home. I couldn't believe that a mother would leave her own child like that, although the good thing was Johnny could take his little girl while she wasn't around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks MJ That Alaina was out made that a wee bit anticlimactic. I was hoping Johnny would have to argue with her but no, he could grab the child and go home.

    Still, we know that Alaina is planning to move back and that mean Johnny will never see Catherine again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Johnny looks more and more like Sam. I can't imagine him letting Alaina get away with neglecting their daughter. Nor taking her away to another town!

    Maybe he could sue her for custody simstyle. Thomas cracks me up as he performs a similar service for the ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Chrysame, he is a Sam clone boy. Looks just like his daddy with the right hair style.

    The real concern would be that Alaina would move away with Catherine in tow. As if a neurotic doesn't have enough to worry with in life.

    ReplyDelete