Friday, May 28, 2010

And his answer trickled through my head like water through a sieve.

Two of the best looking men in town.  It was Hans's first try at caring for the baby and he found the experience a bit confusing.  He picked up the baby and had no idea what to do next.  I have to get him to talk to Dad about this.

We decided to head off to China.  Johnny had a research paper to write on Chinese customs.  Hans and I came along to make sure he didn't get in too much trouble.  Dad said he'd rather stay home and watch Picasso.

Johnny wasted no time in setting off to explore a couple of important cultural locations.  The first was the Hall of Warriors in the Forbidden City.

He soon found a secret passage down to an area not meant for tourist.  Exploring tombs requires moving a lot of heavy objects.

In the meantime, Hans had a bit of a slap fest with a training dummy.  I'm pretty sure that he's meant to hit it a bit more strongly but he is only just learning.

As for me, I went to a garden to take pictures then practice my guitar.  That kept me busy most of the afternoon.

Johnny was finding the area under the Forbidden City fascinating.  Though he did mention that maybe others had been by.  There was treasure but it wasn't nearly as valuable as the stuff from Egypt had been.

He still had to work pretty hard to get any where.  There was a lot of rock to clear.

But he found the missing artifact for one of the natives.

She did give him some coins for his troubles but he would have loved a new relic for his collection at home.


Johnny came to camp to practice his cooking skills.

While Hans and I practiced our loving skills.  Very important to keep those up.

Hugging is not the only loving skill that you should practice.  The more often the better.

The next day I tried the training dummy.  Even slapping it is harder than I thought.

Hans had a couple of practice matches with a local expert.  He tells me that you can learn a lot from a good teacher.

Johnny decided to brave the Dragon Cave.  I wouldn't have gone near the place myself, Johnny is just a dot on the tongue and it's breathing smoke all the time.  Scary.

He found a number of small things; bags of money, ancient coins and the occasional gem.

He also had to deal with a few of the less savory residents, the bugs. Johnny isn't a scaredy cat but he wasn't happy about an arm of bugs.

I decided to get into the act by collecting minerals for someone who rang me up to  ask about it.  Maybe next time I need to pick some adventuring clothes along with my regular stuff.

I did manage to improve my guitar skills.  I can serenade Hans now.  And he loves it.

All too soon, we were headed home again.

I've never been sure about Ripley myself.  She hasn't been a bad step mom but she doesn't feel like a real mom.  But she does make dad very very happy.  And that makes me happy.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for giving me something to read and laugh about before my long Friday at work.
    Poor hans, you'll get the hang of it. :D
    I just love their expressions when they're exploring. They are hilarious. Johnny was so funny slapping that tree.:D
    Eww, the bug going up the arm gave ME the creepy crawlies.
    That dragon head cave entrance is huge.
    That native could have given him more than a few coins. Stingy native.
    Ripley and Sam look so happy together in their old age. I'm glad they have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not easy managing three sims on vacation. Well done! Looks like they all had a grand time. Johnny certainly took to exploration like a duck to water.

    And Hans and Brooke found plenty to keep them busy. I bet Ripley and Sam enjoyed some alone time together. Just them and the baby. That's as close as they've ever had to just them two.

    I don't think Brooke would have been happy happy with any step-mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww.. so sweet at the last chapter. They still do look cute together. The picture of the Dragon Cave is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dee,

    Yep, it's always good to have something new to read. Hans and Brooke have yet to get the hang of having a baby around. They like the travel but the trip was supposed to help Johnny with his private collection. No such luck, due to the crash to desktop, he didn't find much of anything.

    I hadn't quite realised how cool the Dragon Cave looked until this time when I pulled back to see where the smoke came from.

    Ripley and Sam are happy. We'll be losing Sam soon though. 94 days old now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three on vacation isn't too bad in China because you have the Academy to send some to. Three on vacation in other locations is a pain because they do silly stuff when you don't have them doing something in particular.

    No, Brooke was happy with her and Sam. But she is happy that Sam is happy so Ripley isn't all bad. But they still don't know each other that well.

    It is true that Sam and Ripley have never had just them time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, the dragon cave is a very neat location. Hans and Brooke are very happy with each other. Sam and Ripley are very happy. Poor Johnny has yet to have his first kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Johnny. *takes a drink* I'm sure there's a nice girl or guy out there for him somewhere. Sometimes it takes a while and he's a young sim, yet.

    I'm curious to see who the baby will take after, Hans or a Grant. Or maybe more like dear departed Granny River and Mommy.

    I haven't explored the Dragon Cave, yet. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure Johnny will find love some day. But he hasn't done what Brooke did and just decide that this is the Sim to kiss.

    It will be interesting to see whose genetics come into play with Picasso. Sam, River or Hans. I have no idea at this time.

    I'm glad you are finally exploring WA again. Adventures can be fun, or dangerous if they get into the wrong tomb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would never have known that the dragon head would be that big. I mean, you can hardly see Johnny. Can't blame Brooke a bit for not wonating to go in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I'd realised how huge the cave was from the outside. If you are following the Sim, all you see is the massive door that they have to open to gain entry to the main part of the cave. You have to have the camera way back to see how tiny your Sim is compared to the dragon head.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not going to leave a comment on EVERY chapter 'cause I've just realised how much reading I seriously have to do o__o STILL, loving it!! Holyyy... that Dragon Cave is huge!!! I don't think I've ever seen it in comparison to a sim and.. blimey!! Brave Johnny is brave ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. :) You may have noticed I skipped a few chapters in your story. Cause catching up takes a bit.

    It takes a lot of zoom out to get a pic of Dragon Cave. It really is big.

    ReplyDelete