Monday, May 3, 2010

Twinkle, twinkle, little bat! How I wonder what you're at!

So Dad and Ripley still indulge in their art.  Ripley is doing a portrait of Dad, that should be interesting.

I did mention that I put out a tent for Hans and I.  My room has no space for a double bed.  We have some workmen coming soon to fix this but the tent will do.

I was so nervous.  But I had to do it.  I had to tell Hans that he was about to be a daddy.  What if he freaks?  What if he dashes for the hills?

Hans was thrilled by the news.  So much so, he proposed.  He is looking forward to being a daddy.

I hope for a little boy.  Hans just wants a healthy happy baby.

My growing belly fascinated Hans.  He talks to it, rubs it, and listens to it.

Our baby is going to know his daddy long before he or she is born.

Johnny met up with his old elementary school friend Francisca at the library.  My friends tell me that they are likely to be friends always but never more than friends.  There were just no sparks in this meeting.

My guitar playing is steadily improving.  I'm able to earn tips now, that should be fantastic.

With the baby getting closer, we should start thinking about that wedding.  I'm going to ask Hans if he'd mind being a Grant.  Cusark-Montgomery is rather a mouthful.

Dad's art is interesting.  Not the most realistic I've ever seen.

This is Ripley's portrait of Dad.  I'm not sure I like the styling, I was hoping for something more realistic.

The workmen came and finished our new bedroom.  My old room should be perfect for a nursery for the little bub.

Promising the baby toys before it is even born.  I think Hans is going to be such a great dad.

He has bunny slippers?  Bunny slippers that much his undies?  That's a bit ... wild.

We decided against a party.  The timing wasn't good for it to happen.  We did invite Byron over and of course my family are all here.

Still, the important things remained the same, no matter how they happened.  We exchanged rings.

And became husband and wife.  Mr and Mrs Grant.

Sometime not long after this, Hans's dad died.  We were not expecting it, he was younger than Ripley.  But when the Reaper calls, you have to follow.  There are no options.

After the wedding, Dad finally decided that the impeding grandchild was a good thing.  He started really looking forward to his grandchild and starting giving me tips on child development.

I had a few questions about feeding babies.  Dad didn't think that bit was hard.  Babies are good at letting everyone in earshot that it's time for food.

Dad is going to be wonderful as a granddad.  Though I'm sure he'll spoil the baby to bits if we give him a chance.

Hey, this hurts!  I know that the books say it will but I guess I thought it was an exaggeration.  Hans dancing around like that is not helping either.

All went well at the hospital.  We have a son, Picasso.  The most beautiful baby in the world.

20 comments:

  1. So much to say! Blogger was down all day for me so now I can finally comment!! I hope they keep the tent for a few sentimental camp outs now and again.

    I take it someone's favorite color is green judging by Brooke's new fancy bedroom.

    Make Ripley paint Sam, again. I agree with Brooke about preferring something more realistic.

    Marriage and baby! Hans certainly seems excited about being a parent. Listen to Sam, he's got a lot of baby experience behind him, in many many sim realities.

    Welcome, Picasso! An interesting name for a well-loved little one.

    P.S. Johnny, I didn't see any sparks with Francisca, either. Keep trying, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I moved the tent a bit but it is still there.

    :) I fear that the green was for me, not them. Hans likes aqua, which I would find a bit much in quantity. Brooke likes some variation of red, which is the main colour of Sam and Ripley's bedroom.

    Ok Ripley will try again with the portrait of Sam. I thought she was working on something else it looked so different right up to the end.

    Hans was very thrilled about the parent idea. He wanted to read the parent book, and kept wanting things about Brooke and the new baby. And Sam threw up a grandchild want about 10 minutes after the marriage.

    Picasso - :) amazing how few artists one instantly recognises by first name alone but the last name...

    Francisca has a boyfriend now and it's not Johnny. Definitely no sparks between them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandpa Sam. He must be happy to have a baby to fuss over. It will be fun to see pics of him with his grandson.

    True about artists. Who will know that you mean Pollock when you call the child Jackson. And Picasso is...Picasso. Pablo just doesn't cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And until you establish what you are going for with names - Leonardo...hmm, DiCapro, teenage ninja mutant turtle or Da Vinci? :)

    Now Da Vinci is more obvious.

    You'll have to wait for Grandpa Sam. Time to update the other blogs. Gotta keep the balls in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did it again. I forgot to stay around and verify. Luckily I had copied before I click to post comment and it was still in my clipboard. Whew.

    Well, the car on the road is a new one. Never saw that one before.
    I love everything about this update.
    *laughing* about so many things in this one.
    While sleeping in the tent it looks like they were both dreaming about needing lights in there.
    Yes, it was time to tell Hans about the pregnancy. I don't think she could hide it anymore. :)
    I love the new bedroom and the bunny slippers. There was a time I would never put them on the guys but you all kept using them and I started liking them.
    Love the name Picasso. Pablo always makes me think of baby food. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was looking for a model of car then remembered Sammy's painting. LOL at me!

    They could find the important things in the tent, each other. Never fear about that.

    She told him as soon as practical once the baby bump was obvious. And he wanted to propose very soon after that. So sweet.

    I used to only bunny slipper the teens but it's spreading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, I do the same thing. I have to go back and look at my pics sometimes to see what people are commenting about.

    Oh yes, they found the important parts... or err things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Parts, things, whatever...they had a Picasso so they found something!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They could have fun in the dark in the tent. And produce a baby.

    BTW - Hans appears to have uploaded with his hidden trait of Pizza appreciation intact. He has 5 traits listed and a 6th Unknown one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, grand kids!! Sam will be so happy and Lol at Hans and those bunny slippers. Just can't get enough with men and bunny slippers. It makes them more adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes MJ, Sam is going to be happy to be a granddad. He already wants 5 grandchildren but at his age, I don't think he'll live to see that many.

    Hans does look very cute with those bunny slippers. And I think he's going to be a fine daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Update tomorrow here I think. It's been a tough road.

    I sent some of them on holiday. Day 1 was fine. Day 2 Johnny did a lot of stuff, Hans and Brooke did some. Day 3 Hans wanted another baby and so we did...and a couple of Sim hours later, the game crashed to desktop.

    So started day 2 again. Day 2 went well. They did similar if slightly different stuff. Day 3 went by with more stuff. Day 4 and a few hours after Hans and Brooke tried for baby successfully, the game crashed to desktop.

    So they went home with a lot of piccies of things that happened and didn't happen. Usually this game is far more stable but obviously trying for baby during a holiday should be avoided. :) I'm just going to pretend the holiday was a success.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about the problems. I'm so paranoid about doing anything on holiday other than normal exploring. I do look forward to the update. We can pretend the baby making happened on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jeez, you did have it rough. I know if I ever get WA, not to try for baby while on vacation. Looking forward to your next update.
    I won't be updating tonight. I burned 3 fingers today. Hard to type with one hand and one finger. Taking forever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ouch, poor Dee! Don't abuse the fingers by typing, definitely.

    Yes, do not make babies on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gonna be slow typing at work tom. :D Maybe I won't have many orders to deal with if lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  17. *gives Dee a great big cookie and her beverage of choice*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwww, that was sweet. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Picasso!! Aww, what a great name!
    and hahaha at Sammy's painting. I kinda liked it :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wait till you see how he grows up. :) I liked Sammy's painting but not so much Ripleys portrait.

    ReplyDelete