Saturday, June 12, 2010

"You are old, father William," the young man said, "And your hair has become very white..."

Our little Picasso never lacks for attention. Sometimes it takes a little time for someone to notice him, guitar playing and painting both require so much concentration that we don't always notice the baby. But someone will get there before too long.  It was sweet of Ripley to help out.  I think she's hoping for a grandchild from Johnny before too long but he still hasn't met any girls he really likes.  Or boys for that matter.

Hans still makes my heart flutter.  Once we start a bit of romance

the rest of the world fades away and there is only Hans.  He is my heart's desire and everything that a woman could ask for.

And a wee bit on the heavy side to do this.

Dad's first thought in the morning was to take care of the baby.   I'm a bit worried about Dad, he keeps muttering this line "You are old, father Sammy."  Is 96 so old?  He doesn't look different to me.

Yes, I did finally get a turn with the baby.  I was beginning to think it would never be my turn.

Ripley is working on a new portrait of dad.  Dad is working on a little abstract, he's almost done.

But he let's himself do other things.  He's finally decided that the family has enough cash in hand to get by and it's up to the rest of us to worry about finance now.  We do have about 17,000 stashed away and the house does have far better furniture and some art work.  If anyone has earned serious "Me" time, it would be Dad.

Even Johnny has been in to care for the baby.  Ripley and Dad were painting.  I was at the park practicing guitar and earning tips.  Hans was out too.  So when the baby needed someone, Johnny was the nearest person and he feed the baby then cuddled him.

Family meal time.  Ripley finished the new version of Dad's portrait.

Then it was time for Picasso's birthday.  Our baby is nearly a toddler.  Dad claimed the honour of bringing his first grandchild to the birthday cake.

Picasso Grant.  Does that hair remind you of someone?  Red hair, green eyes and quite the adorable toddler.

Adorable and hungry.  Poor mite, he was too sleepy after the birthday to have a bottle and now he's very hungry.

Hans and I both want our boy to be walking and talking.  He seems to be picking up walking very fast.

26 comments:

  1. Hellooooo Brooke, Sammy, Hans, Picasso and Johnny.
    First let me say that Ripley did an excellent job on that painting of Sammy. So much better than the last one. :)
    Picasso looks a lot like his dad but I still some Grant there. I'll bet grandpa Sammy is loving that. He is really really cute. I see little chubby cheeks there. I love that.

    LOL, I'll bet he is a "wee bit heavy".

    It's time Sammy was able to just enjoy the days he has left. Spend a little time with his grandson, a little time with his art. After all, I remember how he started with nothing. he's come a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make myself behave and not age Picasso up early in CAS just to see how he turns out. We all have to wait. :)

    Yep, this is the story where Sam started with something like 27 simoleons in cash. He did work very hard to get to a stable situation but now he's doing just fine. So if he wants to enjoy his time, he can.

    Forgot to get a picture but he and Ripley went out to dinner and a little romance while they were out. They are very happy with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seemed that Sammy has been having a lot of "Me" time lately. But, he had fulfilled a wonderful "simmies life" that he doesn't need to regret in any of it. Picasso Grant is so cute. Wow, did you forget about your weight there, Hans? Your wife is a very strong sim to able to catch you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picasso is very cute. Hans' hair looks great on a toddler. It's good to see that Brooke and Hans are so happy together.

    Johnny looks a little tired on his feet when he's taking care of his nephew. Give Johnny some time, Ripley. He's still a young'un.

    It's good to see Sam enjoying himself and his family without the worry of money. He's definitely earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey MJ. This Sammy has only just really been getting Me time lately. He was working hard on novel writing up to his 90th day. But he is slacking off now since the family won't get royalties after the Reaper claims Sam.

    Picasso is adorable, that hair colour works really well on a toddler.

    Chrysame, I was trying to remember why I was slightly worried about Hans. Then I finally remembered whose marriage he broke up. :) Then again, it gave Jack a chance to shine and shine he has!

    Johnny got a bit out of sync with school and sleep. I need to get him back to a better schedule. It was good to see him off to take care of the baby on his own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when this started, poor Sammy was living on quick meals, writing books at the library, had dirty dishes everywhere, went around stinky a lot and then he met River. Changed his life for the better. Until the accident. Wonder what would have happened if he hadn't met Ripley.
    Oh my, I'm thinking about him as if he was a real person.

    I must say good night all. It's been a lot of fun today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodnight, Dee.

    PiB, I much prefer Ollie with Jack. They're very good together.

    Johnny took care of Picasso on his own? Good lad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Night Dee.

    Yes, Johnny took care of the baby on his own. He is a good lad.

    Ollie and Jack do make a cute couple. I'm so glad Jack worked out so well with Ollie.

    In this game, Hans and Brooke are totally entranced by each other. I might have to kick off a small flirt but after that, they go for hours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice when you find a sim couple that really gel. I've read so much about lightning bolts in Sims 2. I really wish we had something similar in Sims 3.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm surprised that they haven't introduced something to help us gage attraction between Sims yet. Lightning bolts were introduced to Sims 2 with the 2nd EP - Nightlife. They were good for seeing how the basic compatibility of Sims went.

    At least we can bachelor/bachelorette challenge to see which Sim seems to be the most compatible with a particular one. Though in Sam's challenge, any of the last 4 girls would have done fine for a spouse really. They all did well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sam and Rachel always really do well together. I wasn't too surprised she won in the end. I do wonder how Thomas would do as a bachelor. Has he matched up with someone as well as Sam has with Rachel?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor Thomas. The only time I helped him find a spouse, he was new and my first real Sim. He flirted well with Tamara Donner and never had another choice. He loves her and all 5 kids.

    Since then, he's been just doing the random mate in free will. I think his best match was with Zayne, the two of them would flirt all night if given a chance. But I haven't really given him much chance to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe someday Thomas will get his chance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, I already know he's pretty compatible with one Shannon Sprague. :) And they make pretty children together. Thomas is a better option than Sam if you want some girls in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, he is very compatible with Shannon. I already knew Thomas made great kids. Hugo turned out so well.

    Hugo is a sim I need to bring out soon. He's been neglected.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Picasso is sooooo adorable!!

    I like the new portrait Ripley did; the other one wasn't quite right :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks KaiSim. Who knew that bright bright red hair would be so cute on a toddler?

    This portrait is much better. Good thing too, we don't know when the Reaper may claim Sam but it will be sooner not later.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't mind me, I'm just clicking Google ads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a nice person. At least the Google ads are a mere click. Amazon only gives me money if someone buys stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just a click! Simple enough. More updates after work, PiB?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah, I've been clicking a little. I'll have to remember to click more. The last one was the pinkes page I ever saw. Actually made me jump back a little. D:

    ReplyDelete
  22. BTW - Well done guys. 8 clicks in this blog earned $4.11 I think my web hosting is about $4 a month so that was an excellent days of work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome Pib, can't give you presents so we'll just gift you this way.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're very welcome. We'll keep it up. It's easy and as Dee said, it's a way to give you presents!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Slowly catching up with all the stories. OHMIGOD! Picasso is the most adorable little boy I've seen since Tyler and Talia's sons Carter Townsend. I want to let those two young men loose on the town. No woman's heart would be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well, Picasso has since grown up and moved out. Could dump a copy of him up on the Exchange if you want one. :)

    ReplyDelete