Sunday, October 2, 2011

So long as Sims can breathe or eyes can see

Hi Dad,

Sorry, I know, I never write. There never seems to be time to write. Our classes have a lot of monthly projects or performances or presentations. I'm barely getting the first done when the next one comes up.

At least I'm getting along better with other students. We all have major bitch sessions over lunch and over the group dinners. There are enough group based projects that I've really gotten to know a fair number of those my age. I do feel for the younger kids, some of them are shipped here the minute they turn old enough for school. It's very hard on them.

I'm pleased to hear that Shannon's pregnancy is going well. It must be a relief for both of you that she's over the morning sickness at long last.


Also the checkup in the hospital when they said all was going fine and you were going to be getting a baby girl. It's just as well that both of you agree that a girl would be a good addition to the family. I guess those scans might sometimes be wrong but I'm guessing not.

I'm going to have a little sister? That's cool.

Although, next time Dad, you can leave out some of the details. Some of things in that last letter were definitely TMI!

Tell Shannon that her care packages are much appreciated and quickly devoured. I think a few kids are being friendly just to get a cookie. The key lime pie was delish, in spite of the freezing and shipping. There are a couple of teachers wanting to know if Shannon would consider sending them pies, if they pay for them.

So you are finding that Mason is a bit of a bookworm? He certainly seemed to be surrounded by books at home. Or were you just worried that he was spending too much time banging the baby xylophone?

Actually, it sounds like you and Mason had a very good day before his birthday. Play, books, tickle and a nice stroll around the neighborhood.

So you had a major stint moonlighting at the local pub?

That sounds really great. Especially the bit where the normal bartender told you that your drinks were wasted on his clients. You must be doing something right if he told you that.


I really want to send my apologies to Mason. I really did want to come home for his birthday, but that money you sent let me buy my very own portable keyboard. The school does have a few that can be rented but they are always out of tune. How an electric keyboard gets out of tune is a bit beyond me but they sound awful.

Mason gets to start school next week? Just imagine, you could have had some nice quiet time with Shannon once Mason went to school, but no, there will be another baby before you know what happened.

And yes, he can use my room since the baby will need the crib. I'd warn him not to touch my stuff, but he'll probably think it's all cooty infested anyway, since it belongs to his sister.

So, my cousin Leonardo has a boyfriend? I hope Aunt Brooke and Uncle Hans are ok with that. Still, it sounds like he and James might be a good couple.

-----

Bonus Pics

Gratuitous Grant butt shot.

I'd forgotten that Johnny had a pretty decent looking tattoo.

Mason grew up in half reasonable clothes

6 comments:

  1. Aww! I really like the 'letter to home' format alongside pictures of what she's referring to--it reminds me a bit of the Sammy style, except she's obviously not there as it's occurring. It's different! I like it. :D

    Sounds like she's doing well at boarding school, even if it's keeping her busy. And real sweet of Shannon, to send her care packages of cookies. ^-^

    Everything's quite busy back at home without her, though. I guess Shannon's baby'll arrive next post--it's been so long, but it still never feels long enough, lol! I can't wait to see that little munchkin. ^^

    Mason sure is cute all growed up, too. :) A bit of Sam in there, but not too much to be a clone. And of course, h e's into music... What else? Teehee! Art runs in their blood!

    I know you don't get to this story often, but I always enjoy it when you do--Cat has a unique personality to her, and the 'broken home slowly mending' vibe I always get from it is very sweet. :)

    Anyways... /ramble! Cute post~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely letter. It's interesting story telling of how you mixed it with what's been happening to the family.

    I'm glad that she is getting along better with other students, even the teachers are now dying for Shannon's key lime pies. Now, that could make a business ;)

    Mason is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kaleeko,

    The letters to home was the only way to keep the blog with Cat as the voice while she is in a really deep rabbit hole - aka boarding school. I just hope she comes home safe. It is a different way to tell things.

    She loves Shannon's care packages. Cookies and other goodies that travel well..

    Yes, the baby should arrive next post. Though it's going to be ages before we see Cat again.

    Mason is the most Grant looking grandchild I think I've ever had. Indiana Sam's grandchildren had some aspects but Mason is mega Grant. And of course, Art Flows Through this bloodline. LOL

    I try and hit this one about once a month. Not as often as the others but that's still pretty regular posting. Cat's mom Alaina still hasn't done much more than prowl the hood looking for fresh meat. Though Travis Kane still puts up with that (don't ask me, he is free to leave when he wants!)

    Damn, I forgot the gossip. Cat's cousin Leonardo has a boyfriend, James Kane. I did make James and Leo gay because this hood doesn't seem to have much in the way of gays. But they decided to look at each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MJ, yes, telling this story works a lot differently then the others. Cat is mostly responding to the last letter from her dad with pics. :)

    She must be doing well at school, no one is complaining about her efforts.

    Mason is a handsome young thing, I'm sure he'll be popular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mason is such a cutie!

    And I really do like this letter-to-home style, it's very refreshing. I know it's only a solution to the boarding school blues, but I think it's really interesting!! Still, I hope she comes back home soon (and all in one piece)!

    Can't wait to see the baby girl, I bet she'll be adorable, so I expect much spam next post! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Callie,

    Mason is adorable. Looks just like his daddy at that age. :)

    The letter to home style is indeed a solution to the boarding school. I didn't know we'd get boarding schools back when I decided to swap to Catherine as the narrator. LOL

    Johnny and Shannon can't help but have an adorable girl. Thanks for remembering to stop by.

    ReplyDelete