Thursday, September 1, 2011

We are such Sims As dreams are made on

Hi Dad,

Thanks for the letter. I've been missing you guys too.

It is taking some time to get used to this school. It's not easy to fit in, some of the kids have been here since forever and they all have established groups. I feel like such an outsider.

On the other hand, there's so much opportunity to do art. We have sketch pads that we carry everywhere - random drawing in classes is encouraged.

I don't know when I'll get the chance to visit. Travel is so expensive and I don't have much to spare after buying supplies for school.

I'm glad to hear that your fame as a sculptor is definitely spreading. That lovely ice urn must have been quite the talking point at the party.




I see that Mason continues to grow like a little weed. He'll be starting school before anyone knows what happened.


You will make sure Mason knows his big sister is missing him?

It's really cool that you've invented a new drink. I'm looking forward to trying it, and watching you play hotshot at the bar sometime.

I'm glad to hear that you've been practicing bass too. When are you going to join a band, Dad? It would be cool if my dad were in a band.

It looks like half my class was down at Hogan's doing their homework. There must have been a field trip that day.

I don't know the boy Lizzie was sharing a table with. I must admit, I'm kind of glad that Clayton was sitting on his own.


I'm sorry to hear that Shannon is still having problems with morning sickness. Are you both excited about another baby?

Let Shannon know that her care package of cookies was much appreciated. I caught one girl trying to find the last few crumbs in the box at 2 in the morning.

Love and hugs all around
Catherine

8 comments:

  1. I love the letter from Catherine style of this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to frame this post. Poor Shannon is so sick. But, still stylishly dressed!

    Johnny is quite the sculptor. The boy has talent.

    From a certain angle, the pic of Johnny playing Bass looks like Sam. I had to take another glance.

    I want the baby!!! Girl? Boy? Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Avanis, glad you like the style. I still want Cat to be our narrator so letters home is about it while she's in boarding school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrysame,

    Must find at least one more casual dress for Shannon. :)

    Johnny is quite talented. And you are right, he looks very like Sam. If I changed the face fuzz, he's really almost identical to Sam. Hair colour is about all he got from Ripley.

    :) I might have peeked once but I've forgotten so all I can say is incoming baby. We'll get there, eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally caught up!! *\o/* yayy!!

    I loved the letter-style of this post - I guess it's the only way you can stay on Catherine's viewpoint while still showing pictures ^___^ darn boarding school, the ultimate rabbit hole.

    Baby soon!? Poor Shannon being sick everywhere, hope the incoming little one will be adorably worth it xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huzzah, CallieRose,

    This is a slow moving blog so it shouldn't be too hard to keep up, now that you've read it.

    Yeah, I didn't want to change viewpoints again so I decided to try a letter from Cat. I don't think she'll be seen again until graduation.

    Baby soon from their point of view. May take awhile for me to get to it. But I've seen enough babies from Shannon to know that her little ones are *always* adorable.

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable letter from Catherine :) It covered stories from both sides-- so interesting. And 0h, Shannon is pregnant again? So excited ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey MJ,

    Yes, the letters from Catherine made it possible to discuss her boarding school existence and cover the important stuff from home. Wait till you meet little Dixie. :)

    ReplyDelete