Tuesday, May 10, 2011

And as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,

Dad has never been happier. He adores Mason. He loves Shannon with all his heart.

I'm glad that this marriage is working out for Dad. Cause he is my best friend. He deserves happiness big time after Mom.

His artwork goes well these days. He can get some good money for a sculpture.

This is a farewell pic to Dad's collection of relics from his overseas trips. He said a private museum sounded cool when he was 14 but it was too much work in the long run. Some trips, you'd be lucky to find a few items. Trying to build a good collection was also very dangerous. Dad says the best tombs also have the most traps.


For the last party, Dad bought this big professional bar. Since then, he's spent some time teaching himself to make drinks. He's already improved a lot in a very short time.

We do still hear the crash of a bottle hitting the flow pretty regularly. Dad always looks a bit sheepish that he killed another one.

Dad's drinks aren't always a success. This one caused him to spew big time.

But he just tried a bit harder. The next step is to try this out moonlighting at a local bar.

My cousin Picasso got married the other day. His new bride is called Jasmine.

Everyone wishes him well.

It was early in the morning, Dad and Shannon were still in bed.

So I finally had a chance to play with Mason. He's a bit noisy, but having a little brother isn't too bad really.

Mason is a very spoiled baby. It seems like Shannon and Dad are always in there cuddling or playing with him. Dad says wait till he's a little older. He'll be the cutest boy in town.

I'm not sure I agree. He'll never match Clayton for cute.

Dad finished another ice sculpture. Looks pretty cool, doesn't it?

Then he started on a metal sculpture when his torch malfunctioned.This wasn't so cool.

He tried to swat out the fire but that wasn't working too well.

So he jumped in the shower to extinguish the fire.

Fortunately for all of us, that worked.

"Hey, Kitten?"

"Yes, Dad"

"Could you not tell your Aunt Brooke about this?"

"Why?"

"Her mom caught fire when she was a baby. Knowing that I caught fire might freak her out a little."

"Ok Dad."

"And Kitten?"

"Yes?"

"Have you visited your mom lately?"


Well, to make Dad happy, I went over to Mom's after school. I thought she was home. I really did. But I stood outside the door for ages and no one opened it.

If Mom was home, it was pretty rude of her not to answer the door.

I decided to go over to one of the local beaches with a fishing hole. I love fishing. Found that redhead dude Mom currently lives with and had a brief chat to him.

Travis seemed nice enough. I wonder when he'll get sick of the parade of other lovers Mom seems to have.

We heard that night, Aunt Brooke and Uncle Hans had a fire in their backyard. Fortunately the fire department made it in time to stop the fire from spreading to the house.

18 comments:

  1. For the record, Alaina Grant was home when her daughter tried to visit. I could see her relaxing on her bed. And she didn't even start to get up to let Catherine in.

    If she does that again, there may be a fatal accident in her future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Mason's growing up! Glad to hear that Johnny and Shannon are doing so well together.

    Looks like he had quite the collection gathered--but unfortunately, keeping lots of stuff like that becomes very hard when you don't have the room. Doesn't surprise me he decided to get rid of it all.

    Did Johnny put his bar right out by the sidewalk? XD Interesting choice of placement. Looks like he's having fun, though.

    Congrats to Picasso on his marriage, woo! I was wondering when he'd get hitched. Looks like he did fairly well for himself, too.

    Glad to see Catherine is getting along with her little-little brother.

    Too bad I can't say the same for her and her mom--how rude of her not to come out and visit. Not that it's all that surprising... But at least her boy-toy decided to be chatty enough.

    lol @ the fire at Brooke's house--wonder what that was all about. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kaleeko,

    Johnny and Shannon really are happy.

    Johnny had that collection for ages, but I had him change Lifewants and I was a bit tired of his collection.

    Yeah, they need a bigger house so John has a place to put more stuff. Their current place is just too small for the family.

    Picasso did well with his second choice of girlfriend.

    I am pleased, Mason has a good family they all take care of him on there own.

    Alaina better shape up or her boy toy will be needing a new girlfriend. He has been behaving fine, she has not. :)

    Actually I think the town thug set the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picasso married. That seems odd. I know he's grown but shouldn't he still be a toddler? Time flies even for Sims.

    I'm glad Johnny made it to the shower. Yikes!

    Alaina not coming to the door really just fits her pattern. I'm surprised she hasn't lost her newest love. Great update, PiB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm kind of used to Picasso being nearly grown. I'm still getting used to little Leonardo being a child. And Leo is everywhere. Cat visits Clayton Leman, Leo turns up after school with Bob Leman. Cat visits the beach and while she talked to Travis, Leo was one of the random Sims to turn up. :)

    Johnny seems to be living in parallel to his dad. Sam had one daughter by first wife, one son by second. Johnny had the same. So I was a bit worried about the fire, would another Grant die by fire? Fortunately no.

    If Alaina had been *doing* something and couldn't come to the door, I would have been ok with it. But she was just lounging on a bed. Grrr. Travis really needs a new girlfriend before this one dies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is weird. I know I commented and I think PiB even responded to me but now I can't see either. Am I dreaming?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope! Blogger had to go down for maintanence and all blog posts and comments made within the last few days got deleted--I think I read something about the fact that they're working on fixing it all, but I wouldn't count on that happening too much.

    I'm just feeling *very* fortunate I didn't write anything before the rollback, right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No you weren't dreaming. Blogger had a crash and burn - they ended up removing some posts and comments to get the system back up again.

    They say they are working to restore all of the removed contents. In the meantime, I'm just happy that I can post and use the dashboard again. I had a half written post for the short story blog and I have a draft of a Sammy story (which will have Ollie Mayweather). That Sammy story is going well but won't be posted until next month for SILC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shoot!

    I'm just glad you all didn't lose any new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I do feel fortunate in that both of my draft posts are there and ready. And as far as I can tell, my posts are exactly what I expect. But it was very odd not being able to add content to any blogs for a day.

    The anger in the help forums was rather amazing. Blogger is a free service, how people can go up in arms over a free service being unavailable (just for edits!) for less then one day was remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BTW Chrysame, I still get comments emailed so I know what you posted and what I replied. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. People get pissed off when they get something for free from the EA store. "But I don't want a free stove! I want a free set of clothes designed in just the style I want which is steampunk with a side of Andy Warhol!" It's a sense of entitlement that really pisses me off.

    So...new posts?

    ReplyDelete
  13. New posts? Well, it's weekend here so what I really need to do is get some play/pics done now so I have stuff to post about. But yeah, new posties will be happening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. *ubercaffeinated Kermit flail*

    Yayyyy!

    When does Generations hit stores in Australia, PiB?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think we'll be getting generations in store within a few days of the release in the US. I was going to wait a couple of days anyway, give Twallan a chance to update. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, and thanks for the random pressie Chrysame! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're welcome. The lilacs are blooming in the backyard and it put me in a damn fine mood.

    I like a bit of randomness now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How about that? Blogger did find and reinstate the missing comments, eventually.

    ReplyDelete