Saturday, April 23, 2011

And pour the waters of the Nile On every golden scale!

Dad and Shannon had an ultrasound done. They are expecting a baby boy.

So they decided to extend the house a bit and add a new room for the baby. Blue is a major theme here. If I get a sister, she'll have to learn to love blue since I don't think Dad can afford another decorator just yet.

While he was getting some work done on the house, Dad decided to get some done on the bathroom as well. He had the fixtures replaced with much better ones and the wall and floor redone.



Shannon was very surprised and happy when she stepped into the room.

Not every girl can say this. My dad is also my very best friend. He is always there when I need him.

He adores his bass. He's practiced a lot so he's pretty good at it too.

Shannon loves to cook. She is just a natural in the kitchen.

Me, I'm still working on what I love. Painting is a lot of fun. But I have a long way to go before I'm much good at it.

Dad tells me that he's hoping I'll be an artist someday. Art is the family tradition after all.

Shannon is a astounding cook. Her pancakes are truly delish. She kicked them up a notch and I can tell the difference.

I called home to ask if I could go over to Clayton's house after school today. I told Dad that we were going to be some homework together.

Ok, so maybe not the kind of homework Dad would like to see me doing. But it was a lot of fun.

Clayton is just so adorable.

Dad still makes sculptures regularly. His work sells for tons of money these days, that penguin was worth a couple of thousand.

But there are times when Dad has to turn his hands to other skills. Like broken plumbing.

Dad was muttering that it's beyond time for him to sell the stuff he collected from trips and put the money into more house renovations. Can't say I blame him, that sink managed to flood the kitchen in just an hour.

Ok, being with Clayton was a lot of fun. But it must be time to go home now that Clayton's little brother Bob and my cousin Leo are trying to butt in.

Shannon and I are working on our relationship, for Dad's sake. We shared a few jokes and some gossip. Not exactly friends yet but we are both willing to try.

It seemed no time at all before Shannon declared it to be time and wanted to go to the hospital.

I went along too, though they didn't let me in the maternity ward. That would have sucked big time except...

Clayton was stuck outside the hospital too.

I was so happy to see him, I didn't ask why he was here. I hope there isn't anything wrong with his family.

We managed to keep each other entertained for quite a long time.

Then finally, Shannon emerged with my new baby brother.

My new brother's name is Mason. Shannon said something about that name felt just right.

Bonus pics

I don't know what this girl told Johnny but he doesn't seem to have taken it well.

Twice, I told Johnny to practice his bass and twice, his first choice of playing spot is here. Maybe the accoustics here are particularly good?

Oh, and there is something about Clayton and Catherine. She asked to visit his house after school on her own, then he turns up at the hospital that evening. He's just everywhere.

New banner - done by me as opposed to someone good with artwork. :)

8 comments:

  1. LOL - never release a post on a holiday day. No one must be around to make a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading this from the start, very good!

    I'm glad there were a few more posts after the lock on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kind comments. It's nice to see someone read from the start.

    I was feeling over stressed for a bit.

    I got over it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mason's a cute name. ^^ And boy, does he have a bright bedroom to come home to or what!

    Glad to see that Catherine is getting to know Shannon better.

    And also seems to be getting to know a--is that a Leman? Gotta be a Leman/Grant match as often as possible, I guess! lol

    Love the pic of Johnny freaking out. Gotta love neurosis. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Mason was named in honour of Chrysame's long lost Mason - son of Sam Grant and Shannon.

    Catherine and Shannon are slowly getting better together.

    Course it's a Leman. Same one she kissed last time when they both got to teen. :) He's a cute boy. I haven't had many actual Grant/Leman matches to date...believe it or not. :)

    Johnny freaking out, he is so adorable freaking out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new Mason!! YAYYYYYY!!!!! *kermit flail*

    Neurotics freaking out always make me laugh. They get such a nice moodlet after, too. And they freak out anywhere. Can you imagine if one of us had a similar freak out in the grocery store or middle of town? Heh.

    Catherine is a cutie and she has good taste in boys. Redheads FTW!

    Seems like Shannon is fitting in with the Grant clan. Good girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that a giant wall mirror next to Johnny and Shannon's bed? *mrrrow*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Shannon and her current Grant named the boy Mason for you!

    I actually love neurotic as a trait. It's very cute.

    Catherine is a very pretty girl. And her best friend is also her fav redhead boy. :)

    The giant wall mirror is behind Cat's bed. I should move it to the next bedroom over.

    ReplyDelete