Tuesday, May 31, 2011

He left it dead, and with its head He went galumphing back.

Not a terribly long update, this time. I have school, and not a lot is really happening around home.

I think I don't like having a baby brother. He's loud, frequently stinky and he gets all the attention around here.

If Dad isn't in with Mason.

Shannon probably is.


[sigh] My mom never spent as much time with me, I'm sure of it. My first memories are of Dad. I remember Dad always being there and close. Mom? No, definitely not.

Dad went over to the park to practice music. He was hoping to earn some tips.

Uncle Hans was there too, so they played together for quite some time. The two of them play well together, though Uncle Hans has the edge in technique.

Dad and Uncle Hans got the people in the park up and dancing.

I never notice the cool benches in the park that use anchors as legs.

Also Dad has acquired a paparazzi of his own. His sculpture and music got him in the local paper and now this dude is following Dad all over the place. Barnacle Bay is pretty quiet, the poor guy doesn't have much to do most of the time.

Dad and Uncle Hans did just fine with tips. 

After a while, Dad moved over to the local pub to try his hand at moonlighting as a bartender.

Patty Abe makes for an interesting customer. She can argue with herself and lose. Not many other people lose arguments with themselves like that. Dad said she was two for the price of one.

Shannon is enjoying her maternity leave. It won't last much longer.

She's been missing the kitchens at the cafe. Cooking more dishes for a bigger variety of people is what she loves.

She's been put in plenty of practice cooking here and our dinners have never been better.

Dad's second customer was Thomas Leman. He was pretty pleased, Thomas is his best friend. Dad says having the support of your friends is always an important thing.

I'm getting to know one of the girls in my class, Coral Goldbeard.

It's not easy balancing school and any sort of social life.

I've also heard that Clayton's been making eyes at another girl in our class. Should I cry or cut him to ribbons?

Probably cry.

Dad thanked Thomas for trying to make his first go at moonlighting a success.

It wasn't much of a success though. Dad said he earned less then 10 dollars. He's decided to wait until he is much more practiced at making drinks.

Dad and Shannon bought a birthday cake for Mason.

It was just us the birthday, Dad thinks parties for babies would be pretty lame. And I had school the next day.

Maybe baby brothers aren't so bad. Mason is a cute little fellow. He seems to like being cuddled.

---
Bonus pics

They are cute. They can flirt for hours on end.

Amelia Kane married. Usually she stays quietly in the background refusing to do much. But I took a leaf from Chrysame's book, sort of.

Her new hubby, Indiana Jones. That's actually a revamped Indiana Grant with his little brother Jack's personality imposed on him. I would have used Jack as Chrysame had but he and Rick seem to on the exchange, not in my game. Within two days of meeting Indy, Amelia married him.

8 comments:

  1. I'd probably say cut him to ribbons ;)
    Lovely update, PiB.
    It's still breaking my heart to know that she rarely spent time with her mother, but she has a wonderful life. Awww..Mason is a cute little fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She may cut him to ribbons, or just find a new love. We'll see.

    Yes, her mom wasn't the best and now she can see what life is like with an attentive mom. Definitely makes her cross about Alaina.

    Mason is a Sam clone with Tomasi hair, just like his daddy. Which means he will grow up fine looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo on Clayton. ;D Maybe she does need to find someone new?

    Looks like Mason's getting lots of love... except from Catherine. XD Perhaps she'll warm up to him once he's not as much of an attention hog--it's pry hard to deal with the fact that he's getting so much adoration from Shannon when her own mom was just... egh. ;D Jealous, maybe? Hm.

    Her dad sure is having a blast lately--having fun playing music and bartending! Maybe Catherine needs to get some hobbies too, though at least she's trying to branch out and make some new friends.

    And, maybe she and Mason'll become friends after all... How could she say no to that face?

    lol--Glad to see Amelia finally did something interesting for you. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kaleeko

    We'll see about the Leman boy. It would have been nice to have a Grant/Leman marriage for once but I'd like to see what Catherine decides she wants.

    Jealous of her baby brother - yep, fraid so. He is getting so much attention and given her mom won't even answer the door...can you blame her?

    Catherine is actually painting quite a bit - she just hasn't produced anything worth a screenie. LOL I do want her to meet a few more teens around - I'll do my best not to do the teen romance == marriage the day they hit adult thing.

    Now that Mason isn't a baby, she'll probably find him a little more interesting. And by the next time I get to this family - I should have Generations installed. :)

    Indeed. Amelia is very close to slipping onto the 'toy' Sim list to torment since she's not providing sufficient entertainment on her own. Marrying Indiana means this one is safe. LOL

    <3333 Hugzz for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PiB!!

    Little Mason is definitely a Grant. He has Sam's facial features. And Tomasi hair!! Shannon was just an incubator. Heehee.

    Poor Catherine. I hope one day she realizes that her mother lost out on not knowing her. It would be nice if she could confront her mother one day. Or maybe it's better if she just moves on? Only Catherine and PiB know how that'll turn out!

    Can't get a sim to marry? Just slip a new Grant onto the scene. Works like a charm everytime. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrysame!!!

    I've aged up Mason - barring the hair, he is a Sam. Down to the eye colour. Shannon is doing so much better as a mom then Ripley did with Johnny. I don't have to keep reminding her that there is a baby to care for.

    Catherine will probably have to confront her mom sometime. Assuming she can get close enough to do so. We'll see how that works out.

    LOL - Slip a new Grant from the Indiana Sam clan for best results. Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. I made Indy a brother to Johnny since they are half brothers of a sort.

    Thanks for stopping by Huggzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ripley is hit or miss as a Mom. Georgia is too self-involved to be a good mother without direction. Shannon is such a fashionable mom, too!

    You changed Indy's hair, too. If you hadn't told me it was him, I wouldn't have guessed.

    Tell me how you like Generations. I received my copy today but my daughter has already claimed it. You'll probably get to play it before me! Looks like Twallan is moving quickly on updating his mods.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since both Ripley and Georgia had babies with Sam - their parenting skills weren't too critical. Sam always loves them babies.

    I did. Indy got a new outfit and new hair - from that photo you really can't tell it's him. Even I would have a hard time knowing - if I hadn't been the one who put him there.

    I'm not planning on buying or installing Generations until I finish Jerod's current story and the next short story that will appear in Sam's blog. I don't need any new bugs to muck those up. By that time, you might have gotten your copy back from your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete