Saturday, March 12, 2011

And this was odd, because, you know, They hadn't any feet.

Our son Picasso has been smitten by Casey. Casey is the local consignment agent and very nearly our age.

Granted most of the girls he knew at school are still a bit young for him, but we are trying gently to dissuade him from making a permanent commitment yet. Hans and I know he has only been going out with Casey for a few weeks. Why he let himself be talked into being her boyfriend is a mystery.

And, he has plenty of time on his side.

There weren't any architectural design jobs on offer today so he took our advice to meet a few more people around town.

Not the most stellar start I've ever heard of to a relationship, sneezing on your new acquaintance.

Still, at least this Amelia is a bit more his age. As are several of the other women he's been introduced to in the past few days.

And then it was time for Elizabeth to have her birthday. Friends and family came to watch.

But a few party guests have their own agendas. It's a bit rude to try to steal the spotlight from the birthday girl!

Our Lizzie is growing up to be a quite lovely young woman. I'm still pleased our daughter has Dad's hair color. It's nice to see.

And her friend from school, Derrick Leman, certainly agrees with that.

Well, at least she'll be very happy for a few days. First love does that to a girl. I can almost remember those days.

-----

Shannon and I discussed having a lovely wedding somewhere. We chatted about guest lists, food lists, venues.

Then we got hitched quietly in City Hall. The planning was too much, it was making Shannon quite sick to the stomach.

Dad got married twice, now I'm on a second marriage. Of course, he also had a second child with that second wife, Shannon and I haven't planned on anything like that.

For me, things were now very quiet again. I sent Alaina the money I promised and settled in for some new sculpting work.

No, it was nearly done! So nearly done. And then I twitched right at the end and chopped off the head of my dragon. Ruined.

Maybe not ruined, I just need to carve a St George to go with the dragon.

Later that evening, Shannon had news. It wasn't nerves or decision making that was making her sick to her stomach.

We are expecting a baby.

Well, I was a bit surprised by the news, but I still love it. Another baby, I hope it's a boy this time.

We'll have to do some serious house renovations. Cathy is nearly a teen, she is not going to want to share her room with a new baby.

(Blog now reverts back to standard old plot-free family stuff. Fast, easy, brain not necessary)

8 comments:

  1. So if Picasso doesn't change his love life around, his girly consignment chick is going bye bye. Cause she is just too close to elder for a new young adult.

    I didn't know a sculpture could be ruined at the last moment. Johnny was not happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Picasso... What is it with your Grant boys having a terrible time hitching themselves up with good mates? Seems to be several of them with that problem these days!

    I'd say that Picasso and Amelia pry aren't a good fit--playing guitar while the birthday girls blowing candles... bad Mia, bad! Who knows, though. Maybe if she stops breaking hearts...

    Lizzy looks quite pretty--and I'm glad to hear Catherine is close to teen. I like those two girls. :D

    lol @ The dragon losing it's head. Nice. ;D

    Hooray for the happy newlyweds having another baby. *cheer!*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kaleeko,

    Possibly my fault for not hitching them up three seconds after they get old enough to marry. Picasso at least stopped at boyfriend, unlike Vincent who got himself married within 1/2 day of leaving home.

    Mia's actually been very quiet in this hood. I peeked and she barely even knows anyone. As for her long term romantic prospects, who knows? I sure don't.

    Lizzie looks like Brooke with Sam's hair. I like.

    The dragon losing it's head was pretty funny. Johnny still sold it for 400+ simoleons. :)

    The newly weds did a risky woohoo when I left them last. And a 10% chance is still a chance - they can expect a little boy in due course. Still annoyed at John Edward for getting married while I wasn't there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I know, I was looking forward to seeing their wedding!! What a pair of gooses. They can sit with Travis and Jade in the doghouse. :P

    I'm glad that Picasso didn't run off and get married immediately, though. I'd have been very disappointed in him if he did. He seems like too bright of a kid to be roped up that quick. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking I'd make sure that Johnny and Shannon had a wedding just for you but they must not have liked my plan.

    I had moved Travis in with Alaina but he may get moved out again. She already has yet another lover on the go. No wonder Johnny had to divorce her.

    As for Picasso, if he marries fast, it's because he had so little experience as a teen. The move from SV to BB really was bad for his social life. The girls were ok because they started school in BB so didn't have to make friends again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to seel thigns have been workied aout with the Johnny, Alaina and child custody issue.
    Also good to see Johnny happy with someone even if he did chop the head off his dragon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Dee. Johnny is content with life - or as much so as any neurotic can be.

    And the dragon losing its head was pretty funny. Another one of those, I didn't know they could do that, moments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There always seems to be something pop up in the game that I never saw before.

    ReplyDelete