Friday, March 4, 2011

Their coats were brushed, their faces washed, Their shoes were clean and neat

Damn, my birthday snuck up on me. Happy birthday me.

The birthday reminded me that I needed to take a few things seriously. Shannon was one of those things. Shannon makes me happier than I've been for some time.

I proposed to Shannon.

She was very happy to accept. She is already making wedding plans.

We celebrated in bed that night. We weren't quite as careful as usual but surely just careless for just one night won't matter.

Picasso brought over the photos Sunday night. God, my nephew is a grown man. Hard to believe so much time has gone by.

It's not hard to see what Alaina managed to do. She convinced her lovers in city hall that they should grant sole custody, issue the restraint to keep me from being near Catherine. She had a lover in the police force willing to enforce those orders.

I made a few changes to what I wanted to accomplish with the governor on Monday. I arranged via Thomas a change in venue and change in participants.

"Thanks so much for seeing us, Governor Goldbeard-Patel. I know that listening to individual requests is quite rare for you."

"Yes, well, there are special circumstances." I knew her voice the moment she spoke. This was the 'friend' who rang me to tell me that the police were on their way.

"These are special circumstances." I laid the photos on the table. The governor examined them.

"It's clear that Alaina Grant used undue influence to gain custody and restraining orders. I'm going to order those documents null and void as of now."

That was a relief for me. I really didn't want to have any more trouble with the law. One day in that cell was plenty.

"It is also clear that I'm going to have to have a few words with these gentlemen about the affair. What they have done is unacceptable, a demotion should teach them an important lesson."

"Alaina, why? Why did you do all of this?"

"You never gave me the option to have custody."

"When you left my house, you said you wanted to explore a range of lovers...or something like that. I thought Catherine would have cramped your style and, frankly I'd really rather not have my daughter exposed to a parade of lovers."

"You are trying to replace me with that blond hussy of yours."

I sighed, "Alaina, no matter what happens between us, Catherine is our daughter. Nothing will ever change that. I've never expected Catherine to forget you and think of Shannon as her mom. Shannon is a lovely lady, but not a replacement mom for Catherine."

Alaina suddenly burst into tears. "It's all gone. I have no money. I won't have a house soon."

"What? What happened to your settlement?" She did get a fair share of money when she left.

"This guy rang. He was selling shares in the Landgraab Investment Agency. I remember when I was a wee girl, daddy used to sell those shares."

"Oh god, Alaina. Your daddy was a con man. Everyone in Sunset Valley knew better than to buy anything recommended by Jared Frio." Except my ex-wife. No wonder she's been a bit off her rocker lately.

"Alaina, I wish you had just told me that things were a bit tough." I shook my head. "You will always be Catherine's mom. And, in spite of everything, you are still my friend."

Alaina still wouldn't look at me.

"Next time, if you really can't come to me, try talking to Brooke. We can find a way to help. For starters, I'll transfer 10,000 Simoleons to your account."

"Really?"

"Truly."

The governor interrupted us about then. "Catherine, who do you want to live with?"

"I choose?"

"You seem old enough to me to pick who you want to live with. Your mom or your dad."


Catherine looked back and forth a couple of times. I must admit my heart was in throat. It was time for her to pick. "I think. I think, I want to stay with ... dad. As long as I can regularly visit mom."

"Course you can. Go over and spend the night any time if you want to and your mom agrees."

"Mom?"

"It's okay honey. If you want to come over from time to time, just ring to make sure I know you're coming."

Catherine was so happy to finally get a say in her future. I'm pretty happy that we are to the bottom of the issue and that Alaina isn't going to disappear one day taking our daughter with her.

I waited till the governor was gone. "Hey, Alaina, what's with this red head? We couldn't work out why you'd go for him."

"Oh Travis? He's just the sweetest guy. I really like him, he's been around my place a couple of nights now."

"Well, I wish you all the best if you really like him." And I wish this Travis guy even more luck if he stays with my ex.

13 comments:

  1. Actually I've already moved Travis in with Alaina, he was there making eyes at her at midnight or something. And for some reason, Alaina really had $0. Enough to make anyone a bit crazy.

    I may have to destroy a Sim. Picasso is dating, some townie chick that's only 8 days from elder. There are surely some better choices for him there. Bad enough that Vincent in another blog went for Kari who is fairly close to elder. Not twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww. This post was full of heartwarmy goodness.

    At least Alaina had fairly good reasons for doing what she did--she's at her wits end in so many ways, losing money and her house and everything that just having Catherine would've made the world of difference--she didn't want to lose her, too.

    Still, what she did was wrong--and Johnny was insanely forgiving considering. At least he got the Governer to preside over the case, and oh my! The Governor herself was the informant. He's quite lucky... But I almost wonder how he managed to swing that, and why she was so interested in the first place--or how she knew about what was going on.

    I'm glad that Catherine made the right decision though. It can be tough choosing between parents, but she was honest. That's good.

    And Travis is still in the picture--lol. XD

    "We weren't quite as careful as usual but surely just careless for just one night won't matter." That sounds... ominous. :P Haha!

    Yyeeaaaaaaaahh.. I think you're going to have to intervene with Picasso. Boy, your boys sure have a thing for older women, don't they? Is there not enough young women around to keep their interest?

    Also--good job on all the setup. The scene with the Governor was done very well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...A very happy end! Love it! Wonderful update, PiB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! I meant a very happy end for their case. I'm glad that Catherine chose him and still can see her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kaleeko,

    Yep, Alaina was having a very bad time and she had a sudden want to make sure Catherine wasn't lost to her.

    As for the governor, she had heard about the paperwork and heard rumors it was dodgy. But she had no proof. Thus the warning phone call, she couldn't quash the stuff until she had her proof.

    Johnny being a neurotic knows what it's like to worry about the small stuff. And he'd just gotten engaged, knows that the injunctions are gone, and found that Alaina (who is still his friend) had a reason...well, he is feeling exceptionally forgiving at the moment.

    Catherine is actually fonder of her dad, so he was her choice.

    Yeah, picked risky woohoo for a change and ummm, Johnny is gonna be a daddy again.

    I'm not letting Picasso marry someone 8 days from elder, that's for sure. Nor Mia Kane who is in this hood. Don't trust her at the moment.

    :) Thanks Kaleeko, Two hours of their lives they have to live again since I temporarily made them one household. The BB library made a good meeting venue though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey MJ,

    Yes, it was a happy ending for the case. And finally Johnny knows what happened and that Catherine won't suddenly be forced to leave town with her mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor neurotic Johnny. It warms my heart to know he's not a hypocrite, though. I'm glad he stood up for Alaina even after everything she'd done--takes quite a guy to do that.

    Risky woohoo is so hilarious. Did she seriously get pregnant on their first try? lol

    Awwww, not gonna let Picasso marry Mia, eh? She being a bit of a skank in that neighborhood? I actually have some Sims I made I could upload at some point, maybe I'll post them up so you have some more fodder options.

    That was the BB library, eh? Well it turned out good. You don't necessarily have to not save after adding people to your house, but it can be tedious getting everything rearranged.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Johnny is Sammy's son and is quite a guy indeed. :) As an adult, it's even more apparent that he is Sam's son too.

    I'm not sure if it was their first risky woohoo ever but it was their first in quite some time. No baby chimes but I got curious and checked via MC - she's definitely preggy.

    I actually have no idea what Mia is up to in this hood. Travis is obvious because of who he suddenly started hanging around with. Brad == Brad and Em clones. But Mia is currently a mystery.

    BTW - I noticed you had a new Sim in the Exchange that you didn't advertise yet.

    I had to not save. Johnny was the only one in that room who wasn't supposed to be somewhere else. The others were supposed to be at work/school.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Drat them Grants. I was going to save Johnny and Shannon getting married to push out between Elizabeth and then Catherine having their birthdays to make Kaleeko happy it was all about birthdays.

    They couldn't wait another day and married while I was with Brooke and co. So no wedding party for them. Just a couple of birthdays. Sorry Kaleeko. I wanted a nice wedding but they didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it was all about birthdays -> it was *NOT* all about birthdays. :( grrr. I blame the keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, Oh well. Don't worry, I'll survive. ;) That's too funny, though. Even PiB could not hold back their love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw you looking sad on Twitter so I thought I'd remind you I'm still slowly catching up on this blog!!! I have like, no free time so it's literally a chapter or two whenever I can, but I am reading!! And lovinggg it!!

    I'm so happy Catherine made the right decision, and I'm excited to see how life turns out for her(:

    Oh, poor old Alaina with her $0, you can forgive her for feeling a little bit stressed^^ but she was still wrong, and props to Johnny for forgiving her!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so sweet to come by and comment. And that you are reading it when you can.

    I know that lots of people don't have time but ever once in a while I just have a bout of blues about the blogs.

    Twallan's story progression told me that Alaina had no money at all. Which gave a nice motive to going weird. As for Johnny, he is just a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete