Thursday, July 29, 2010

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves - Did gyre and gimble in the wabe

Miss Bossy Boots?!
Twerpy?!
Of course I had to tell you what to do. You were an impossible little twerpy brother.
You never left me alone. Always in my face.
.
.
.
.
.
[sigh] Guess Dad really is gone. He should have told us to settle down by now.
Yes, he would have.

We've all been taking Dad's death pretty hard. He was a huge influence on our lives.



Mom in particular. Dad had been a bit cranky in those last few days but there was deep love too.

My poor son didn't have a good start to his childhood. He was so depressed those first few days that the difference between going to school and skipping school wouldn't have been much.

But at least he did get to meet people outside the family.

I did finally get around to asking Alaina to be my girlfriend.
And?
Well, she did accept.
About time. She's been living here for some time now.

At least we have art. Creating something beautiful from a block of raw clay feels good.
And playing guitar. It's soothing to do.
Mom paints. A lot. When she's not mourning Dad.

We all miss Dad. My Hans and your Alaina are no exception. Johnny, you should go talk to your mom. While you can.
Yeah, we've been a bit distant since she yelled at me about curfew.
And you don't know when the Reaper will come calling.

I had a good chat with Mom. We are all slowing working through the issues we've had with Dad passing.

 I proposed and Alaina accepted. 

Well done, John Edward Grant.


Bonus pic
Johnny in the shower - no blur so don't open this link at work or when others are around. Bag at ready Dee!

12 comments:

  1. I have a mix of pics from two different saves - the one where Brooke ended up horribly glitched and the one that actually worked. That makes 3 Sam deaths for me in this blog - there was one time when he first died that the program froze while saving.
    Hopefully it manages to work in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL. I couldn't find a bag. I took a deep breath and survived. They do look real from the back don't they. Wow. I like his tattoo too. :)
    Just wait 'til we get those new sliders.

    LOL at the disagreement at the beginning. Then it is so sad seeing them mourning Sammy.

    I hope you don't have any more problems with this game. I love this story.

    Johnny is looking gooood. With or without clothes. ;)

    That sculpture is beautiful. I never stayed with the sculpting long enough to see that.

    I can't believe one of your ads is advertising Spartanburg. That's where I'm from. Born there. Believe me it's not that great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnny boy looks very nice in the shower. Glad you like the tattoo, I had to do that twice as well and really wanted it to come out the second time like it did the first. :)

    The disagreement is similar to what my sister and I did in the hospital when mom was in a coma. There are certain things you *know* your parent should respond to. When they don't, you know you have to let go.

    Glad you still love Brooke and Johnny. One more update here and I'll be moving to a different blog.

    Johnny has sculpted a few interesting things. Would you believe a toy box was one? This has been the prettiest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. About time you proposed, Johnny. Little Picasso really looks like his daddy.

    Oh, Ripley. Stop painting and take the time to know your son and family. I'm not sure I'm happy with the way she's behaved in your game. She seems so distant from everyone.

    The sims sure do look nice from behind in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the title to this, PiB. :) I haven't read that in so long.

    Great post, PiB... It is sad to see them all getting over Sammy's death, but at least they're all coping very well.

    Already moving on with the wedding rings, too! Awww. :D

    I agree with Dee, that's a really cool sculpture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrysame, I fear that's just what she's been like in this game. She had plenty of time for Sam, but none really for anyone else.

    I do recommend Twallan's desensor - hmmm, the screenshots you get...

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's a lot of treasure to be had in snippets of Lewis Carroll, Kaleeko. :)

    Glad you guys are still with me in this blog. One of my smaller, more select audiences.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That just seems so unRipleylike. Very disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Probably my fault. As long as she talked to Sammy, I was content. And she spent a lot of time playing guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not at all, PiB. I usually play with a very loose hand. She should, at least, pay attention to her kid and any babies in the house. Well, there's going to be a game here and there where our sims act a little differently then we're used to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never did say congratulations.
    Congratulations to Johnny and Alaina on your upcoming wedding.
    I feel that last line was from Sammy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. :) Indeed, only Sam ever called him John Edward Grant. And Sam hasn't quite left forever, as you'll see in the next post.

    ReplyDelete