Monday, April 9, 2012

Grant, if thou wilt, thou art beloved of many

Since no one was awake when we got home, Jared spent the night. We kept each other entertained until the wee hours of the morning. Neither of us got quite enough sleep, but it will do.

I finally remembered that I'm not going to be asked to do random performances at school any more and put on a more casual dress. We always wore semi-formal looking clothes at school, you just never knew.

"So, you're the young man my daughter is swooning over?" It didn't take Dad long to decide that it was time to have a heart to heart with Jared.

"Yes sir." Jared decided to play it safe.

"And this is appropriate attire for a visit?" One eyebrow arched up.

"We were up until a little late, I didn't realise that everyone would be awake." Jared was looking ready to bolt out of the room.

"Just teasing you, don't worry about it. Cat says that you're a cop?"

"That's right. I have a long way to go but it's a good job."

"And the most important questions of all. Do you love my daughter and will you take care of her?"

"Very much so and forever more, I hope."

Dad broke out in a big grin. "In that case, welcome to the family." He clasped Jared's hand and then gave him a friendly hug.


"You survived the interrogation?" I asked.

Jared smiled. "Your dad wasn't too bad. I think it's just one of those dad things."

"I have a reward for you." I gave him the biggest smooch ever.

"If that's the reward, I think I'll go another several rounds."

"With who? Shannon will agree with Dad. Mason and Dixie don't really get a say. Besides, there's a question I want to ask."

I know, this is supposed to be the guy's job. But hey, if you wait for them to make a move, it could take forever.

When I went on one knee, Jared started to ask what I was up to.

He didn't actually get very far.

"Jared Van Allen, would you make me the happiest woman alive and agree to marry me?"



"Yes, Cat, I'd be very happy to marry you." He extended his hand to let me put the ring on his finger. I was so afraid that I'd drop it but that didn't happen.

Fortunately I'd gotten the ring size right and it fit him perfectly. It would have been mortifying to go to this much effort and have that go wrong.

The next little bit was a blaze of activity. I couldn't have said if it was the next day or weeks later before our actual wedding.

Fortunately for us, there was a little place down by the beach which was just perfect for a small wedding. We pretty much only invited family and a few of the closest family friends.

Then we had to select our formals for the occasion. I went to the best shop in town.


I must say that I adored the dress but I wasn't sure of the hat. Apparently though, hats are very much part of the scene this season and the dressmaker insisted that I had to have one.

It took a nearly infinite number of pins to keep it on my head at precisely the right angle.

Then I took a look at Jared's outfit and came to the conclusion that it was all worth it. He looks so dashing with that top hat at an angle.

How did I get so lucky as to find him?

My family was all there to support our wedding. Shannon was looking stunning in her new formal gown.

Dixie had a more casual look but no one wanted her to feel uncomfortable in a dress that she'd never wear again. Her outfit was something she might wear.

Even Mason was looking good in his new outfit.

I'm afraid that Dad wasn't entirely happy. I don't think he would ever really be ready for the wedding though. It's kind of tough for a Dad to watch his children grow up.

"Are we ready? Should we start?"

"You're not getting cold feet, are you, Cat?"

"No, not at all." I looked around the room. "Well, maybe just a little."

We took our place in the arch and waited for the guests to settle.

It took a long time, things kept happening like Dad noticing that Mason brought food. He insisted that Mason take the food back until after.

So we waited.

Aunt Brooke finally arrived.

"Hey, I'm here. The party can start."

Sheesh, Carolina North came in quite late and still acting like it was her day. I'm not sure why Dad likes her but he gets along with people.

Even my mother Alaina made it. Though I think everyone pretty much ignored her the whole day.

Eventually they all found a place to sit. There were quite a few sniffles to be heard.

I whispered quietly. "I think it's time."


"I'm ready if you are."


"My love, Catherine. A ring is an object with no ends. 
May this be symbolic of our love, that it continues without ending
For as long as we both live."



"I wish to be your husband and your love until eternity passes away.
And share our love each and every single day."


"My love, Jared. A ring is an object with no ends.
May this be symbolic of our love, that it continues without ending
For as long as we both live."


"I wish to be your wife and your love until eternity passes away.
And share our love each and every single day."


"One heart, one love, forever."

A girl could get used to this. We need some practice though.

Lots of practice.

After the event, the photographer sent us many pics of our guests and the reception.












Eventually all parties must end and so we left a few stragglers partying on. Everyone had a good time, there was plenty of food and drink for all.

By the time the wedding party made it home, it was a bit late. Jared and I should do some house hunting first thing tomorrow.

I hope we can find a suitable place.
---

Note - Kaleeko's simself is getting serious about Berry's Merlot.
Altheaquin's simself is engaged to her Sim Ice Crisp. If they marry, I'll make sure they actually have some money. Ice is currently exiled to a small house and low funds for being a rat bag on his date with Cat.
Cami's simself is engaged to Clayton Leman, middle of the Leman boys. If they produce at least one ginger for me, I'll be happy.

Bonus pic section - probably more than you need to see.  All pics link to bigger versions, I'm going to leave them small below (so many of them!)

Now Jared Van Allen actually had a lot of sleepwear. Given he's about to be a Grant, this is not allowed.

No, not quite naked. :) But no long sleeve shirt and long pj bottoms for him. Nope.

Napoleon in a new pose.

Mittens, this birdie you are allowed to play with. Don't touch the others please.

Mason, your mother is a splendid cook. Why are you a stick?

Johnny is probably the only Sim I'm currently working with that has tattoos. Most of them don't, I never think about it and it's a rare wish these days.

Dixie doing the bake sale thing. She did attract some customers, but only a few bought things.

Johnny, I will miss your neurotic ways. But alas, we must move Cat and Jared out so they have some space.

Mason spent Saturday collecting animals. With the Collection Helper, it's a very easy LTW

And you can do it in a couple of weekends.

They definitely put some effort into the small animals. The birds in particular.

This is Indiana Grant (renamed Jones) originally from the World Adventures blog. He was dropped into the hood to partner Kaleeko's Amelia Kane. Because he is another son of Sam, he's Johnny's brother who just magically appeared in the family tree. Amelia approved and married him.

Johnny got himself an old lamp. Which needed a bit of cleaning.

Voila, our first genie.

The family is now wealthy. We never really had much in the way of cash - which isn't a problem until you want to move someone out. But now they can pretty much afford any reasonably priced house in town.

The last animal that Mason needed. Cute lizard.



Mason and some of his pets.

So what do you do when young, in love and staying with your fiance?

She's checking out the stars but his eyes aren't looking too far up.

I still love Chrysame's Shannon. Lovely lady and a good match for Johnny.

The way to spend the last night before your wedding.

Having a bit of fun in the hot tub.

The stereo is from Jared's inventory. I didn't know they'd put one on the shelf if they had one.

No pre-wedding nerves here.

That way to the Unicorn!

Muffin and the toy - so cute now that he's bigger.

Predawn light over Barnacle Bay

And the setting moon.

First guests, uncle Indiana and Cat's mom Alaina.

would you guys change already?

Indy and an old friend of Johnny's

Thomas! Never a party without you.

Not content with being a gate crasher, honestly, can't you dress properly?

Another gate crasher.

Only in Sims does the bride get so excluded from her cake that she eats something else entirely and alone.


This house I put in town for after the wedding. And it's been snatched up by Kaleeko and Merlot. Damn. Well, I guess I'll just have to add another home for them.

2 comments:

  1. Woo wedding!! Now let's make some spawn! :D Jared helps make prettiful babies :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Edward's first thought after the wedding. When am I going to be a granddad?

      Jared should certainly help prettify the line. And will be roaming the story for a long long time, now that he's arrived.

      Delete