Friday, January 13, 2012

As truth and beauty shall together thrive

Finally home. I'm so happy, I'm finally home.

I can't wait to see everyone. It feels like it's been forever and ever since I've been home. I could never get up the cash to come back even just for a weekend. And most weekends, we had assignments. Boarding school had a lot of assignments and outings to keep us busy.

Then the summers were for part time jobs so I could afford a few luxuries during the school year. Barnacle Bay doesn't have much employment for teens so I stayed near the school.

All up, coming home just wasn't possible.

Check it out, even the deer celebrate that I'm finally back.

By the time I got home, it was getting dark and I was tired from the travel. But there was a lot I wanted to do.

The first and most important thing was to find Dad. I dropped the bags by the front door as I went looking for him. I need a hug from him like I've never needed anything else.

I ran into his arms. "Daddy, I did it. I graduated with full honours." There was a small oof as I managed to squeeze the breath out of him.

"Kitten, I know and I am so proud of you." His big grin said it all.

"I've missed you guys so much. Thanks for all the letters."

"I've missed you a lot too, Kitten. It wasn't the same without my girl." I was torn for a moment between chatting with Dad more or seeing everyone else. I finally decided that I should say hello to everyone, there would be time to talk to Dad later.

So I went to talk to Shannon. She's looking so calm and happy. "Shannon, I have a question to ask you."

"Well, Catherine, go ahead," she smiled encouragingly at me.

"Can I call you Mom? Because..."

I didn't get any further. "Of course you can call me mom if you like." She pulled me into a big hug. "I was hoping we'd get to this some time. You're important to both of us and I'm just as proud of your accomplishments as I can be."

"That's so sweet of you. Do you know how much my other mother contacted me in the years I've been in school?" Shannon shook her head. "Never. Not once did I hear a peep from her."

I whispered to her, "I'm so glad that you've made Daddy so happy. I think you deserve each other."

Next I picked up Dixie. She's so big, I hate that I've missed all of her life so far. "Hey there, baby sister. Do you know who I am?"

Dixie looked at me with her big grey eyes. "Nooo. Don' know."

"I'm Catherine, your big sister."

She frowned in concentration for a moment. "Catrine?"

I laughed. "Close enough, you adorable munchkin. Can I get your nose?" She giggled as I lightly tapped her nose. "You have to be the most adorable child in Barnacle Bay. I can't think how you could be any cuter."

I spent a couple of minutes cuddling and chatting to Dixie.

By the time I'd seen everyone else it was already too late for me to talk to Mason. It was a school night and he was in bed. I'd just have to wait for my next chance.

The next day, I decided to wander around town and see if there was anything new. I did make it home for something I'd been missing lately.

Mason and Dixie were sharing a birthday party.

Mason blew out his candles first.

Then Shannon helped Dixie blow out her candles.

So my baby brother is a teen now. Wow, I can't believe that he's a teen.

And Dixie is ready to start school. I didn't think I'd been gone from home that long, but I guess the time passed quicker than I realised.

Dad called me over. "Kitten, would you like to pose for an ice sculpture?"

"Sure thing, Daddy. Will this pose do?"

"That's fine." He started preparing the ice. "I've heard from your mother."

The tone of voice said it all. He'd never refer to Shannon quite that way. "So, what's up?"

"She wanted us to know that she's now Mrs Alaina Kane."

It took me a moment to process. "I've met him. He's that red head dude she's been living with for years now. He seemed like a nice enough guy, I can't imagine how mom conned him into marriage. Does it bother you?"

"It might have once, but I have Shannon now and forever. If her new husband makes her happy, well, I'm glad for her."

"Speaking of happy."

"Yes, Kitten?"

"I was over at the restaurant today and meet someone. His name is Jared Van Allen."

"I don't think I've met him."

"Probably not, Daddy. He moved into town just the other day."

"At any rate, we walked over to the beach and before I quite knew what was happening, well..."

Dad looked at me speculatively. "Love?"

"It might just be a serious case of lust but it does feel like love, Daddy. We spent hours on the beach, just holding hands. He has the cutest expressions." I sighed. "It was a magical night."

"Early days in a relationship usually do feel magical."

"Actually, I meant it literally. A unicorn appeared on the beach not far away. It feels like that's a sign."

I do believe that unicorn was a sign. I want to see Jared again and I hope soon. Very soon.

-----
Behind the scenes

Since Elizabeth and Derrick jumped into marriage, I decided that Cat was definitely not going to marry Derrick's younger brother Clayton. So I moved a few new Sims into the hood for her.

Ice Crisp (altheaquin and from Noir Nights)
Qualifications - handsome dude, fond of children.

Jared Van Allen (from Camimh - Cami's Sims)
Qualifications - handsome dude, hates wearing shirts

Ice! You are already boozing it up? It's not that tragic, surely?

Finally a vanilla'ed copy of Merlot Pinot Noir (berrypie and part of the Splash of Color story)
Qualifications - umm, he's Merlot, that's surely enough.

Cat wasn't sure what to do with all these guys. So she wanted to give Ice a gift.

God, Merlot, you boozing it up too? What is it with you guys?

Jared! This is worse. You've gone completely away. Then again, there are single beds in that house - at least you left room for a friend...

Catherine isn't that bad, for heavens sake. She is a Grant girl so maybe not your usual standard of lovely but still.

Poor Cat. If she thinks her adult life is going to continue like this with attention from so many guys, she is going to be sorely disappointed.

Since the group thing wasn't working out, the next thing to try was individual outings.

Merlot went first because he happened to answer the door that evening.

So Cat asked him to go out (outing and not a date at this point).

They did switch to date pretty quickly and enjoyed a bit of star watching.


Which put them in a good mood.

She tried flowers but things weren't moving that quick and it was very late. So after about 1/2 a date, she ended it and went home.

Merlot - the date is over, why did you follow her home? That was very odd, she had definitely ended the date at that point. So she talked to him a little then sent him home.

Next morning, it was Ice's turn. Now this was a promising start, meeting a girl in undies.

They did a tour.

And then Ice started to show *exactly* how interesting he found Cat. Because she would flirt, and he'd respond by chatting or brightening her day or ... well, pretty much anything other then flirt back.

Ok, and he offered her flowers of purity not romance.

Then he took flowers from Nina Caliente while still on a date with Catherine. That means that he's out of the running entirely. You just don't do that.

Ice now lives in a small house way out of town with 100 simeleons to his name. He's lucky he doesn't have 2 or 3 babies as well. You don't do that on a date!

Ice and Merlot were both going to be at work so the next lucky victi...er...date was Jared.

----

Cat did one round of Compliments and Flirts and after that, they both kept it up. Very very happily.
(Serious pic span of the date. Some of the sepia versions are in the story but I left the rest down here so you can see the original and altered pics.)

Jared and cat 1


Jared and cat 2


Jared and cat 3

Jared and cat 4

Jared and cat 5

Jared and cat 6
Jared and cat 7


Jared and cat 8

Jared and cat last

----
Other bonus pics
Thomas behave! The only females here to do the "You're hot" is the wife of your best friend or his daughter who used to go out with one of your sons. Can you say "Off limits"?

Besides, you love Zayne.

Mason glitch - my sims to teen usually like to start off as giraffe wannabes.

Shannon read to sleep (in your bed?) - Later I found that Dixie did go to her own bed to sleep the rest of the night.

Our doggie, Muffin. I aged the puppy up because I was tired of needing to check up on her quite so often. And I gave her a heart mark.

5 comments:

  1. You go Jared! :P Love at first sight or some such :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did, Cami, he did go. And he'll be back because he clicked with Catherine. Unlike the fail with Ice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW - that makes 3 posts in one month. I was worried about Cat and her return to town. I expect it will resume the monthly schedule again now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! I love the little flashbacks of Cat going out and meeting Jared--so very sweet. :) But most of all, I love seeing her reunite with the family... almost wanted to shed tears seeing her finally call Shannon mom. T_T And man... Alaina didn't write her at all? GRRRR. I sure hope Travis is messing around behind her back, because she deserves it!!

    I may have lol'd at Cat's choice of wear for the birthday party, though. Nice evening dress, dear. ^^ Gosh, still can't believe they're all almost grown up... T_T

    LOVED seeing all the behind the scenes footage of the "dates"... laughing seriously hard at Ice. My gawd. Taking flowers from another woman during their date--the scandal, the horror! You're right, he IS lucky you didn't punish him more severely, lol!

    Veddy sweet, dear ~<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaleeko! Again!

    Yes, it was nice finally getting to reunite Cat and her family. At long last, she's home. And Shannon always has been more of a mom then her real one. Alaina is not a good mom.

    Cat didn't have much choice, she grew up in that and I let her keep it. For awhile, I finally gave in that formal is too formal for every day stuff.

    Ice was a naughty naughty Sim. But if he persists in dating his creator, the lovely altheaquin, I may have to relent and give them some money. He is still in the penalty box for the moment.

    Oh, this is the save that needs a lot of new families. Since Cami's simself is going out with a Leman, I think the kaleeko simself is or will be getting busy with Merlot. Need babies.

    Jared and Cat had a Unicorn appear (literally) during their date. That definitely makes it special.

    I enjoyed doing the sepia/slight blur of the date pictures to make them a bit more like memories. :)

    ReplyDelete