Saturday, November 13, 2010

The sea was wet as wet could be, The sands were dry as dry.

I got up in the morning to snuggle the girl in my life. Good morning, Catherine, what do you need from your daddy? Love and a bottle? That's easy.


I went to work on a new sculpture, wood takes longer to carve then clay but it sells for a far better price too.

Making a sculpture gives the artist plenty of time to think. And my thoughts were about love, betrayal, and my growing need for friends. I've not been out a lot since we moved, I barely know a soul outside of family.

When I heard that a few new people moved to town, I decided that I needed to meet them.

My first stop was to meet Shannon Sprague. We hit it off well, she's a remarkably pretty lady and I instantly felt a deep connection with her. It was odd how much I felt like I should know her, even though it was our first meeting.

Another in the house is Armando Snook. An interesting fellow indeed.

After our brief chats, I went to one of the local parks, to see who else I might meet.

As it turned out, Brooke and her family were there. She was carrying young Leonardo while

Hans was carrying Elizabeth. They are looking so content as a family, I wish that I could say the same.

I did have the chance to meet up with Alicia Longshore. I was sharing some of the latest headlines with Alicia.

Also met a gal called Carolina North. She had a few thoughts about love she wanted to share.

But having met so many people today, the main thought I had was...
How much I wanted to kiss Shannon. It took me some time to find her, she had gone off to a beach for the day. But I was determined to see if she felt attraction for me.

First kiss and new love. I'm feeling so much happier now than I've done since divorcing Alaina.

--------------

It was time for Hans and I to arrange a birthday party for Lizzy. We only asked a few friends and Johnny to come to the party. I know, it was a bit cruel to ask Johnny when he was just starting to get somewhere with a new romance, but he did have the option of ignoring the invitation.

Johnny did come, along with a few other guests. One of the guests stayed inside playing with Leo, the others must not have noticed it was time for the main event. Johnny and Hans had to celebrate enough for everyone.

Time for us to blow out the candle. Make a good wish, Lizzie.

Lizzie was so excited to grow up. She's dying to go to school, meet new kids and start having more fun around the place. She's growing up so well too.

So far, the move to Barnacle Bay has been good for us. The kids are growing like weeds in the healthy sea air. Hans and I have many new friends.

I know that Dad would be pleased to see that we are doing well. I wonder what my mom would have made of all of this? From time to time, I still wish I'd had the chance to know her.

12 comments:

  1. Just about to head to bed, but I wanted to comment on this before I did so I don't forget to do it tomorrow.

    Shannon is absolutely lovely. :) I can see why he would go for her so quickly.

    I'm also really loving how much you've gotten everyone to really fit the theme of the town. Hans is such a looker in that hat! ^^

    Lots of little toddlers. All the kids seem to be pretty close to the same age, which I know I always like. Makes it that much easier for them to all have fun together. :)

    Still, it's sad to hear about his heartache over Alaina... Or rather, not having a complete family. :( Hopefully Shannon is the key to fixing that. Things are looking promising there, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kaleeko.

    Shannon is very pretty and she does produce great babies with a Grant - Chrysame really has proved that more than once.

    If you had asked me, I would have said that hair dye would never work for a guy. And yet it does for Hans. Hans is a looker and the pirate theme does work for him.

    I do hope that Brooke and Johnny stay connected over time. Their little girls in particular are only a day apart and should have each other as friends.

    Johnny is sad over Alaina. Brooke had a moment of contemplation about her Mom. They are both having a bit of a "might have been" moment in their lives. But if River had lived, we wouldn't have Johnny. If Alaina had been faithful...time will tell on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Alaina was faithful maybe there wouldn't be another cute Sprague-Grant baby? *whistles*

    Hans looks good with the pirate look. It really does work for him. It works for Brooke, too, for that matter.

    I like the new hair on Shannon. It fits her. Hard to believe that she was a born in game sim with one I made and a random cop from Riverview. I can't even remember his (the random cops) first name at the moment! But, he had those purple eyes. Yay for random cops! And pirates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have to be patient. I wasn't patient with Alaina and that didn't work out so well. So I'm giving John Edward some space to decide if Shannon is the girl he's truly always wanted in his life. I may switch back to Johnny on the next day so his little girl can also officially grow up well, but no forcing relationships...this time.

    It was fun to do a makeover to Shannon. Lot's of stuff works well on her. I spent so long at it though that I didn't even think about my other 3 new Sims in town. Maybe they'll get a turn next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yet another great update. I'm with you Johnny. I see a lot of faces that are familiar too. Difference is, I know why. :)

    Shannon is just gorgeous there. She's always looked great but that hair is perfect for her.

    Awww, Lizzie and the toddlers are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, you'd know why the 'new' kids on the block aren't quite so new. LOL

    I'm so glad I finally got a version of Shannon I could install. She does very very well with Grant men.

    Come to think of it, if Johnny decides against Shannon, I'll have to put Rachel in. She's another Sim almost guaranteed to make a great partner.

    It'll be sad when Catherine has her birthday. It will drop from 3 adorable toddlers to just one. I won't be surprised if Brooke wants another - she and Hans do want babies from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went back to Barnacle Bay. I removed all but two households from the game. I removed every car and every parking place in hopes I wouldn't start having lag. I then threw in 47 of our sims. I'm not even going to try to keep up with all of them. I'm sure they will be showing up here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) I have at least one save in every town but Riverview (after the great Store Content fiasco, I have yet to move anyone to Riverview). I do like BB, it's spread out and has a laid back feeling.

    47 of our Sims - that would be a lot if you hadn't dumped everyone else from town first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love BB. I still had to put two sims in one house sometimes. I remodeled the bar there and added LN stuff. It only has one bar at this time. I couldn't find a place to put the movie studio so I made my own. It fits very well with the town. I added all the Ambitions places. Later I may change that place on the main beach so they can have a hot tub. I deleted the Gold Beard family and their house. That is where I placed the movie lot. I saw Sonya Dillinger driving around in that very expensive car, dressed as a burglar. Don't know where she found that car since I deleted all of them.

    I've done so much work on BB and Riverview that I won't be deleting them. I plan to keep them until we get a patch to stop the lag even if I have to start over in them with new sims.

    I still didn't add all the sims that I have made and downloaded. I made a list so I can add more later without putting copies in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though the circumstance that he's experiencing now is so dolorous, but you made a wonderful post. This is a great update. I'm hoping that he would find someone, someone to accompany him throughout his life - especially now that his little girl is grown up, and she will soon find her own hectic in her teenage life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm determined to wait for Johnny to tell me this time who he really wants to share his life. Last time I rushed him and see what that led to.

    That said, I think that Shannon has a major advantage, she does love Grant men. We can be certain of lovely lovely children if he decides that she is the one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems that he likes her so much. There's no time to rush, I guess, but .. I don't know about Shannon. Maybe she wants to go into that more serious relationship ;)

    ReplyDelete