Friday, August 13, 2010

And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,

There is something about a holiday. The magic in the air. No bills, no cares. And the woman you love just there. We made sure to spend some quality time together. She recovered just fine from the botched repair job. I did have to check though, just in case.

All too soon, the dawn breaks and it's time to find out what the locals need. I'm hoping for some tomb action and to find some good quality relics on the way.

The local gave me a key to his basement. Turns out that he had a secret garden connected to his house complete with a tomb and noisy ghost. No wonder he was finding it hard to sleep at night.

Not much in the way of treasure but he paid well and I'm gaining a lot of respect from the locals.  Soon I'll be able to take longer holidays in France.

I let Picasso use Dad's old collection helper. He found a lot of butterflies, bugs and chunks of rock using it. If he keeps this up, he'll be a great collector some day. This zebra striped butterfly is pretty rare.

I've been doing most of the cooking but I leave it to everyone else in camp to clean. They aren't too good at it either but I'd rather make a good meal and live with the a dirty room then the other way around.

Another evening and more quality time with my sweetie.  I just adore flirting with her.

Another day and this time I'm at an abandoned estate looking for some lost papers. I've been warned that the guy rigged the house with every security device on the market and a few he created himself. Good thing I had a close look at the floor, there was an electric trap here that would have been very painful. I managed to disable the trap and find those papers.

Picasso found an incredibly rare rainbow butterfly. The science lab was thrilled to pieces when he described it and offered a reward of over 1,500 for safe delivery of a specimen.

I also took some time to get to know Picasso. He is growing up well, a bit of a hot head but pretty much a nice guy underneath. Interesting, he told me that he's noticed his aunt Alaina flirting around camp quite a bit. I'm sure he's just imagining things, she doesn't flirt with me until I start something.

Before we knew what happened, it was time to head home again. I had one last piece of business to finish here and then Alaina, Catherine and I are moving out.  Brooke tells me that she and Hans both want a new baby. It's time for my family to move on so Brooke and her family have proper space for once. She is thinking of moving from here too. Even after all the renovations, it's not really a big place. We'll have to see what they do.

16 comments:

  1. It's good to know that they are feeling much better and have passed the grief time.

    That butterfly is cute. I have never seen it before.
    The papers must be very valuable. Luckily, he had took a close look before he took a step on it. I am excited to see the renovation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol @ my grammar. Anyway, nice update, PiB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, Johnny double checking to make sure everything is okay with his honey. Glad to see she survived.
    Still love the butterflies.
    That's a nice piece of sculpture you have there Johnny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks MJ. Both butterflies were pretty but I'd never seen a rainbow one before. I think it rates as extremely rare.

    The papers were some secrets of nectar making - very valuable in France. :)
    The renovations where done some time ago now, ending with the extra bedroom so I could fit Sam, Ripley, Brooke, Hans, Johnny and Picasso in one place. I'm not good enough at renovating to make up for the weirdness that is Mosquito Cove. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dee, I'm sure that they can die from electrocution but it's not too common. Thank goodness or they'd hate to repair things every.

    Johnny does some good work, wait till you see the sculpture he made after they moved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, they can die. I killed a guy in Twinbrook once having him repair the tv at my sims home.
    I love the sculptures, gnomes, paintings,butterflies and all the other things the designers dreamed up for this game. Looking forward to seeing what he made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, guys, I was beginning to think I was either going to have to move the family or abandon this game because I was having little freezes which cost my Sims anywhere from 5 minutes to 15. Hans started cooking dinner at about 7 pm and didn't get to eat until 11pm. That's basically unplayable.

    I double checked all the settings but they seemed the same as the other games.

    This morning, my Mac reported a graphics update that was supposed to help with issues with Starcraft II and ... some other game. It has vastly improved the situation - plus it probably helps that this was the first save I went to this morning instead of after playing all day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm. That's odd, because I've been having the same issue, PiB (and I'm on a PC). My sounds been cutting out for huge lengths of time, and then freezing up my game as it tries to catch it all up. I've heard it was an issue since the patch, but this is the first time I've experienced it, and it's basically making my game unplayable.

    It didn't start happening until I installed the new Woohooer, so... I may install the old one and see if it goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some of my issues at first were due to the newer Story Progression. All my saves were slow until I turned off the Lot map tags and the Sims map tags. I wasn't very fond of the Sims map tags, there is something scary about having a pinpoint location of every Sim in town. LOL

    Which version of the woohooer are you on? I just installed v24 - which fixed a couple of issues that the previous version I had caused. Odd things too like Sims couldn't move out using their mobile phones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ack. I hope these issues disappear completely.

    I had the phone problem with Georgia. But, I haven't played since I posted her last blog so I didn't even think about it being a Twallan glitch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the newest installed. :-/ Gonna fiddle with it some tomorrow, I think. Was just very frustrating the last time I played, took over half an hour to save because that's how long it took for all the sound to playback -- totally scared me actually, because I was in the other room watching TV when it all came blaring through my speakers halfway through the save. O.o

    May be caused by something else entirely, maybe I hit a breaking point in the amount of mods I use, but I haven't changed any/added any (except woohooer) in quite a bit, so... hrm. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope it was a one time thing. It could take a while to find the problem. I hope it's all magically cleared up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Half an hour to save? Wow, that was a serious problem somewhere.

    I think woohooer has a few issues that you wouldn't expect. But that one sounds like a possible conflict with something else really.

    I'd love to know what caused a small glitch that meant Johnny and Alaina couldn't have a birthday party for Catherine. They just couldn't bring her to the cake and I've never had that before. We got her to age via Age Transition so she could age during a house party. But no birthday party for her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Huh, that's odd, PiB. I think that as a game gets older and bigger, they get bloated and our computers can't handle the bloat. There are just so many factors that affect this game and can make it glitch.

    I'd love to know what caused that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It could definitely be a conflict. I could see Woohooer possibly conflicting with the Teen Pregnancy mod I have installed, despite the fact that it says it shouldn't on their site, and Delphy's Dashboard doesn't see a problem. It happened every time I opened the game since I installed Woohooer, so I know it's not a fluke. :-/

    That is really bizarre, about Catherine. Huh! Maybe she was allergic to cake. :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think one of Twallan's mods had a block up. I gave another house an instant baby, went there, had then age the baby up via cake and all went well.

    I tried using a cake on Catherine at like 3 am on the day she was going to turn toddler. That actually worked. But we couldn't use the cake the afternoon she was going to age up.

    But at least once, I had that happen and it was because the Sim was too close to ageing as it was. I hit poor Jack Grant (Yes, THAT Jack Grant) with an age transition and he double aged later that night going from young adult to elder. I had to use Twallan's CAS to put him back to his correct age group.

    ReplyDelete