Monday, October 4, 2010

That's the reason they're called lessons, because they lesson from day to day.

 I'm tackling a new medium, ice. It's specially treated to be long lasting but you still want to work quickly.

 Not bad for my first ice sculpture.

I remembered that I really want a private museum. It will inspire my art and perhaps be a source of income as well. But to do that, I have to travel.

I made arrangements to go to Egypt.

 To find the best treasure, you have to be willing to explore the tombs. It's dangerous but potentially rewarding work.

 The tombs in Egypt are hot. Hydration can be a real problem.

 Damn, I get such a work out in a tomb. Pulling this here.

 Pushing that there.

And finally delivering the goods to a native.

I met several people, made new friends.

 Had a chance to watch dawn over the pyramids.

 Felt very small next to some of the ancient ruins that dot this country.

 Question the locals about how a certain corporation was effecting their lives.

 Roast food over an open fire. Always yummy when you do this.
Tucked into a back corner of the sphinx.

This trip was a bit of a disappointment. I was hoping to find one or two valuable pieces for my collection. And yet I found nothing worth more than a measly 250. At this rate, I'm going to be ancient and grey before I find enough artifacts to have a private museum.

8 comments:

  1. Some beautiful pictures of Egypt, PiB. I have still never seen my sims roast anything other than marshmellows over a fire. I know they can do more, stubborn sims.

    The private museum lifetime achievement seems like a doozy to complete. Especially for a sim with a family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egypt is a good place for good piccies. :)

    They have to be hungry before Roast food comes up as an option. It might be that they have to be on a community lot too.

    Johnny's first tomb raider while his dad was still alive worked extremely well. He had like 6000 to 7000 in relics. Since then, it's been a hard slog to get anything worthwhile. It doesn't help that Ambitions broke excavation sites and they are *still* useless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why I could never get Georgia to excavate! I thought she had a bug but it's all excavation activities. Good to know. It doesn't help but it's good to know.

    Egypt is so pretty. All the WA locations are. I hope one day they add more locations. Perhaps as a store item. I doubt it will happen but it would be fun to vacation in Sim Japan or Sim Australia. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, all the excavation sites are stuffed. I went looking in the forums and it's a known bug (well, known to the users...) and most annoying.

    I do love the locations. It would be nice for more but don't hold your breath. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this PiB and love the Egypt pics. That is so cool that he carved The Thinker. I did a cross stitch years ago with The Thinker on it and a saying underneath. I didn't know they could do that one.
    They did such a great jobs making these other countries. They are just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. I'm wondering about the thinker. I know that he was thinking about something but where? :D

    Lovely update, PiB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the others -- these screenshots really are epic. EA outdid themselves making this location beautiful.

    Too bad he didn't get much out of the trip, but, oh well, I s'pose; there are always other visits! Now, if only he grabbed a camera to snap photos and hang up some of those gorgeous shots in his house... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Egypt and China both have some great photo op locations. France is picturesque but not as stunning.

    Poor Johnny, his first trip he stumbled on some really nice stuff. No such luck lately.

    ReplyDelete