Saturday, September 18, 2010

For Tweedledum said Tweedledee Had spoiled his nice new rattle.

Alaina's pretty excited to be returning to work. She loves her job. She's really quite looking forward to earning a promotion.

As for me, I decided it was time for a change in style.



Hey Catherine, how do you like your daddy now?

Well, she's not trying to get down but I'm not sure she knows it's still me.

Have a good nap sweetheart. Daddy will be here when you need him.

I've decided to try my hand at metal sculptures, I want to try all the materials before I pick my favorite. Clay is cheap and fast to work with. Wood is pretty but much slower. Metal is cheap, you just grab some scrap. But the blowtorch is just a bit tricky to use. I need more practice before I work with ice or topiary.

My first metal sculpture, a chair. That has to be the least comfortable looking chair I've ever seen. Wonder if I can flog it to a gallery?

My love, how I've wanted you to get home.

I've gotten so used to Alaina being home that it's stressful having her gone all day. Then again, what a great excuse for spending some quality time together.

Brooke and Hans finally got their act together and left the old swampy lot behind. It's kind of a wrench knowing the house Dad spent so much time and effort on is no longer in the family. Still, in some ways, moving on is a refreshing thing. Some dude followed them to the new place, Brooke told me later that he was nearly impossible to get rid of.

11 comments:

  1. lol, Who is that guy that followed Brooke and Hans home? ... Creeeepy.

    Great new look, he certainly does look a lot different. :) The metal looks strange before it becomes the sculpture... Hard to imagine using a blowtorch to end up with that result! Haha.

    I'm glad Alaina's back to work, though. What's the saying... Distance makes the heart grow fonder? ;) Makes the woohoo better too, I bet. Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that really John Edward or do I have the wrong story? He looks very different.
    Oh no a creepy guy.
    I can't imagine actually sitting on a chair like that one. Yep, sending it to the gallery will probably be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's a lonely old neighbor who just wants someone to talk to? Brooke looks very approachable and sweet.

    Awww, Catherine is wearing the jammies with the bunny tail. So cute.

    I like John's new look. It's very fitting for his stage of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creepy guy is indeed creepy. Kind of looks like a bum, actually. The uniform for the first level of the Music career never made sense to me. Sure, they're at the bottom of the totem pole, but do they really have to dress in ratty clothing? *shakes head sadly*

    Oooh, sculpting. The metal chair is so shiny...

    And ahahaha, awwww, Catherine is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Kaleeko,

    I decided Johnny really needed to move to an adult look. It was time. Though he does have a few days before he is an adult.

    Alaina's first impulse on getting home was flirting with Johnny. Absence does make the heart grow fonder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Dee

    Yes, it really is John Edward Grant. Just that different hairstyle gives him such a different look.

    I suppose the metal chair isn't really more uncomfortable then usual metal chairs. But it looks painful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Chrysame - I really don't know the guy that followed Brooke home.

    But Catherine does look cute with her little fluffy bunny tail.

    I believe that Johnny can thank you for his new shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Cheezy, he might be a musician. I think Brooke snuck out and got herself a job in music while I was playing Johnny.

    Your post reminded me - the chair is called "Shiny Things Metal Chair" it is very shiny. :)

    I agree Catherine is adorable. Johnny is not a good Grant - he has yet to want a sibling for his little Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Johnny looks so much like Sammy now since his hairstyle changed.

    I just learned yesterday that they can place stuff at the consignment shop too. I was there seeing if Dalton could sell a drawing and he couldn't. Guess he has to be registered as self employed first. He was able to hang it on the wall there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. His new look is great. Wow, metal sculptures, but I agree with him. That chair didn't look so comfortable.

    How sweet of him, missing her so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let's hope his next metal sculpture is one of the cooler ones.

    Alaina and Johnny aren't used to being apart for a day. It was sweet that the first thing they did when she got home was start flirting.

    ReplyDelete